Canvas Tent Heat Without Local Firewood

LOL. You said Wyoming had no laws regulating out of state firewood being brought into the state. Clearly your statement was not accurate. Now you are mad because I proved you wrong.

Yes there are rules regulating firewood being brought into Wyoming. Glad we got that straight.

The only person spreading misinformation here is you. I am simply trying to make sure your incorrect statements are corrected as some people like yourself obviously don't check the rules on firewood movement which there are plenty of. Also why I provided a link to confirm my statement was correct.

Umm, no, I didn’t say Wyoming had no laws. That is false. I said it is not illegal to transport firewood across state lines in Wyoming. This is a truth I verified with the USFS prior to doing so. You just have to verify you are not in a quarantine area. I was addressing a blanket statement that was untrue.

Continue on with your bloviation. Glad people like you are saving the interwebz. In order to satisfy your obvious needs for self righteousness and importance, I directly acknowledge my error in not stating the caveat of the quarantine areas. All we had to do was check the state department of agriculture site and verify this with the Forest Service. Contrary to your ridiculous allegations, we did check the legality prior to doing so, but thanks for your concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always been able to find enough wood to keep the stove going. Partly because I am by nature a scrounger, and partly because you develop an eye for wood once you start relying on it.

I will accept firewood from anywhere you all want to bring it from. I have two woodstoves.

What kind of beer do you want with it? I’d deliver for you man.

Regarding moving wood - legal or no, there are all kinds of pests that can get spread in firewood. Emerald ash borers, for example, are in the process of killing all (yes, all) the ash trees in multiple states.

Yes you can use coal. We bring a couple of bags (CPOs dad insists) for bedtime burns. It will get REALLY warm with coal.

How hard is it to keep it lit without a blower fan? Probably not overly convenient to buy small quantities for a hunting trip. I used to haul it by the pickup load when we had a stoker furnace.

Umm, no, I didn’t say Wyoming had no laws. That is false. I said it is not illegal to transport firewood across state lines in Wyoming. This is a truth I verified with the USFS prior to doing so. You just have to verify you are not in a quarantine area. I was addressing a blanket statement that was untrue.

Continue on with your bloviation. Glad people like you are saving the interwebz. In order to satisfy your obvious needs for self righteousness and importance, I directly acknowledge my error in not stating the caveat of the quarantine areas. All we had to do was check the state department of agriculture site and verify this with the Forest Service. Contrary to your ridiculous allegations, we did check the legality prior to doing so, but thanks for your concerns.

You said there were no rules reguarding moving firewood into Wyoming.

I as well as several other posters have pointed out that there are indeed rules/laws for bringing in firewood from out of state.

The real issue is you are upset about being wrong and are throwing a fit. Blovation?? Allegations??

Lol. If you knew there were rules regarding out of state firewood you would have never made this statement.
This is not true in Wyoming.

Now be a man and admit you were wrong and move on. Or you can continue throwing a fit. But that won't change the fact that there are rules about firewood being brought into Wyoming. Maybe this is easier to understand.

unnamed.jpg

Prairie Hunter,

You are displaying a level of emotional intelligence on par with my teenage daughters.

Lol. If you knew there were rules regarding out of state firewood you would have never made this statement.

I can assure you we checked into this. Pretty tough fooling a Dick Tracy like you, isn’t it.

Carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding moving wood - legal or no, there are all kinds of pests that can get spread in firewood. Emerald ash borers, for example, are in the process of killing all (yes, all) the ash trees in multiple states.

Yep, even bordering states like Nebraska and Colorado already have it. Both states are desperately trying to figure out what to do with all the ash trees they are taking down. It's a really big deal for them much like beetle kill has been to pine forests. I won't even take wood from Larimer country.

With so many warnings about not moving firewood it's amazing that some still do.

I remember this in Wyoming just last year.
https://www.kgwn.tv/content/news/Wy...es-Dont-Move-Firewood-campaign-439076123.html

Prairie Hunter,

You are displaying a level of emotional intelligence on par with my teenage daughters.

I can assure you we checked into this. Pretty tough fooling a Dick Tracy like you, isn’t it.

Carry on.

Notice how you are the one cussing and making personal insults. Pretty obvious who is upset here.

I hope you now understand the importance of moving firewood from out of state.

Quck recap.

It is against the law to transport firewood across state lines in most states. Cut it or buy it when you get there.
This is not true in Wyoming.

My point is that there are rules for bringing wood into Wyoming, which you clearly were not aware of when you said ^^.

Your point was that there are no rules (not true in Wyoming) regarding firewood into Wyoming from out of state. And you have been proven wrong.

After that you threw a fit, started cussing, making personal insults, etc...

But that doesn't change the fact that there are rules for bringing fire wood into the Wyoming and there are campaigns across the country asking people not to more firewood.

Now carry on with your name calling and insults, I will continue to take the high road.
unnamed.jpg

It's the off season. Everybody should be out hunting wolves. Merry Christmas. mtmuley

If I were bisonvikingsguy, I would get set up with propane heat. Then buy firewood when arriving in Wyoming if available. Cover both bases. Fresh snow in the Root. Perfect wolf hunting conditions. mtmuley

I have a Davis tent and wood stove, been using them for 10+ years. I used to heat exclusively with wood that I hauled with me to hunting camp. If you are out hunting all day and sleeping all night, you really don't need much wood. But then I realized I was probably spreading bugs all over the place and started gathering/sawing wood when I got to my spot. My latest evolution is bringing scraps of lumber (which is bug-free) and cutting/gathering if it's readily available and using a Big Buddy from a 20 lb 'bottle' of propane which I don't have to get up every hour to feed at night. The Buddy is great for keeping the chill off, but the wood stove is the only thing that can cook you right out of the tent (that kind of heat is great if you have been wet and cold all day).

I take two totes full of 2x4 scraps. I pick it up from building sites or lumber yard culls. It packs tight and is clean to handle. That gives me four or more evenings of heat.

If I need more, I cut the local stuff.

Around Laramie there is a timber company that gives away firewood for free from locally sourced trees. I can’t remember the name but it is on the interwebs if you do a quick google search.

How hard is it to keep it lit without a blower fan? Probably not overly convenient to buy small quantities for a hunting trip. I used to haul it by the pickup load when we had a stoker furnace.

We put it on a bed of coals from the wood that had been burning and never have an issue. As for buying it..Pops has a spot in Pueblo where he gets burlap bags full.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back