Can't get there from here

Redmt

Here's a picture of our county road a couple miles north of me on our only way in and out for a while. The road over Mt. Hamilton adds an additional 2 hours to get to town. Del Puerto Canyon where I'm at is closed at the moment until they get around to clearing slides. It's a low priority for that county.IMG_4099.jpg

The repair is an easy one. All they need is to backfill with a non permeable base rock on the side that the pipe isn't disrupted. Then throw a couple trench plates on it . Next clean out the southbound side and place the pipe back in and do the same. They can come back when the weather permits and repave.
These county guys would make morons look good.

I feel your pain I get roped into middle of the night type repairs on water mains and stuff like that when the municipal crews can’t handle it. (Most times they can’t handle it.) They all stand and watch us repair I guess for moral support.😂

The bitch is it's the main road in and out of here. The mail , UPS, FedEx, Amazon all won't drive the extra 2 hours in and 2 hours out to make deliveries. Possibly ups will set up a drop on the town side of the washout. Maybe,,,

It’s gonna suck for you for awhile. I’m wondering if some of you locals could just dump some fill in there if someone had a tandem and a backhoe or a loader enough to bandaid it together to get you by?

It’s gonna suck for you for awhile. I’m wondering if some of you locals could just dump some fill in there if someone had a tandem and a backhoe or a loader enough to bandaid it together to get you by?
Dirt is what I do. 2 dozers, hoe, grader and dump truck. I've done this crap for 52 years. That's what makes it so frustrating.

Dirt is what I do. 2 dozers, hoe, grader and dump truck. I've done this crap for 52 years. That's what makes it so frustrating.
What stinks is if you went in there and fixed it they would show up the next day with their inspectors and equipment to remove your unauthorized repair but it will take months for anything to get done otherwise.

Sounds like I’d be hauling some dirt over there and pushing it in when they aren’t there to give you spankings for it.

When the flood in 2013 here wiped sections of road out my dad and I mobilized our entire fleet and our 70 men started dumping rubble and whatever fill we could get our hands on to get the national guard folks in to help the less prepared people. Nobody said a damn word about it most of that fill is still under there too.

Put that equipment to work and fix it yourself! Waiting for the county, USFS, or any other agency to fix a road or bridge will take way too long.
That's what we do when we run into these kind of problems living out in the sticks.
:)

It's a D5B. I've run it down the county road a few times but never for miles. I always wait for the road to be cold first.
I bet that was a bumpy ride. Them old B’s are tough dozers. I wish the new stuff was like the old ones. Seems like every week we have something giving us trouble with the stupid def system.

I bet that was a bumpy ride. Them old B’s are tough dozers. I wish the new stuff was like the old ones. Seems like every week we have something giving us trouble with the stupid def system.
The ride is actually pretty smooth until you hit a whoopty. The cattle gaurds are a little interesting if you don't cross them at a little angle. My 5 is in probably 90% condition. I damn sure wouldn't trade it for a new one. I do wish it had A/C though.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back