Can't Buy Ammo in Connecticut

F250

My wife and I drove 5 hours to get to the Cabela's store in Connecticut over the weekend. We picked up some stuff we "had to have" for our elk hunt next October, and I grabbed a few boxes of rifle ammo. At the check-out counter, the cashier asked for either my "ammo purchasing permit" or my "carry" permit. When I told her that I was from Vermont, and did not know what she was talking about, she seized the ammo from the counter and stashed it underneath. She advised that she could not sell me the ammo unless I could produce one of those two permits. Are you kidding me ?!?! The Sandy Hook shooting was a terrible event. Stopping a middle age sportsman from buying a few boxes of ammo will not prevent such happenings in the future. Shame on the Connecticut law makers !!

As long as this country is governed by emotion instead of common sense you needn't expect much else.

My folks used to live in your beautiful state before I was born. My Dad said he would have stayed but being war time he had to follow the work.

I would have left everything on the counter and left.

Not only will we never return to the state of Connecticut, neither will any member of my family nor any of my hunting buddies.

Not only will we never return to the state of Connecticut, neither will any member of my family nor any of my hunting buddies.

Send me some Heady Topper and I'll send you ammo :).... LOL.... J/K. You can still send me some HT though :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back