Can we talk about underwear?

Looks like FL has upgraded underwear options since I bought last. Now they have "summer weight" and "winter weight" versions of the long boxers.

Check out David Archey on Amazon. They take a couple days to get used to, but I'll never go back to any other underwear. They have separate pouches for your twig and berries so everything is where it belongs anatomically. Moisture wicking, anti-chafing.

https://www.amazon.com/David-Archy-Underwear-Separate-Pouches/dp/B07L4LM513/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2X3DWQQYX409M&keywords=david+archy+men's+underwear&qid=1563974914&s=gateway&sprefix=david+arch,aps,145&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

I have some first lite Red Desert as well, and I like them for cold weather.
Can you get then with pouch extensions? I'm asking for a friend :ROFLMAO:

I have great success with multiple: Exofficio, Sitka merino boxers, and black ovis merino. Huge difference. I have had better success from a smell standpoint with these three than anything else.

I've got the Sitka long merino and the new First Lite. The FL are superior IMO - they hold their shape well, and are really comfortable. I'm actually testing the fart filter on them as I type.

Highly recommend the FL - I'm buying another pair before the season starts.

Check out David Archey on Amazon. They take a couple days to get used to, but I'll never go back to any other underwear. They have separate pouches for your twig and berries so everything is where it belongs anatomically. Moisture wicking, anti-chafing.

https://www.amazon.com/David-Archy-Underwear-Separate-Pouches/dp/B07L4LM513/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2X3DWQQYX409M&keywords=david+archy+men's+underwear&qid=1563974914&s=gateway&sprefix=david+arch,aps,145&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

I have some first lite Red Desert as well, and I like them for cold weather.
I know the Duluth 'pouch' ones don't work too well on a saddle.

So I’ve searched this and came up with some decent information. Like stay away from cotton.
But this year will be my first long (nine days) hunt for elk. And I’ve been doing a lot of conditioning because I don’t want my lack of physical confidence to stop me from going after something, and in my conditioning I’m averaging between 5-10 miles depending on how much time I have, fully loaded with pack and gear and the such. Now I’ve noticed I’m starting to become ill say “soft”. Is there any underwear out there that stays formed? Currently I wear Costco branded underwear that doesn’t feel like cotton but I’ve never looked at the material list. But what do the experienced hunters have to say about this to prevent any chaffing?

I use gortex long johns and military style skivvies just because I am used to that. Gortex is the best because it allows you to breath and keeps you warm without holding in sweat.

I hope Wiggy doesn't see the gore tex post...I've never seen gore tex long johns, where do you get those?

Gore Tex most certainly will hold in sweat. If your perspiration rate is higher than the rate of vapor transfer you end up quite wet.

Common sense there. If you have excess sweating, time to shed layers and that includes gortex. It does reduce most sweating. I don't know how many times in the field I had to strip all the way down to my skivvies just to get insulated underwear off.

Common sense there. If you have excess sweating, time to shed layers and that includes gortex. It does reduce most sweating. I don't know how many times in the field I had to strip all the way down to my skivvies just to get insulated underwear off.

Yes, yes, but I'm wanting to look into the gore tex long johns...can you give me a link, or a direction to look? I've never seen them.

I am not sure where to point you to. Mine are military issue and being military retired, I buy them out of the uniform section at the base exchange.

I am not sure where to point you to. Mine are military issue and being military retired, I buy them out of the uniform section at the base exchange.

Are you sure they are Gore? The google can't seem to find anything about military issue gore tex long johns...lots of ECWCS poly pros, but nothing in Gore. I just ask as I've never seen Gore used in anything very stretchy before, and it had me curious as to other possibilities.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back