Caribou Gear

Can we at least all agree . . .

I remember playing catch in the streets at night with the whistle nerf ones. Absolutely awesome. You would try to throw it above the street lights so you buddy couldn't see it and it would whistle straight at his head. ha ha. Great times.

I remember playing catch in the streets at night with the whistle nerf ones. Absolutely awesome. You would try to throw it above the street lights so you buddy couldn't see it and it would whistle straight at his head. ha ha. Great times.
Several of these posts have alluded to our childhoods' as having a strong "lord of the flies" vibe - to which I concur.

We wore out a lot of Nurf turbos back in the day. They made many kids feel like pro QBs, receivers too. Myself and my sister included.

Then one cold Christmas morning, Santa brought me a real deal NFL regulation football. We were out playing catch in the snow, and my dad uncorked a bomb to my little sister- used to the Nerf, she had no fear- until that heavy, frozen ball blew through her outstretched hands and drilled her in the forehead. Memories…

Never heard of Itzaball in southern Iowa in the 90s. Nerf country.

I got a Wilson "The Duke" for a perfect season in HS. My daughter never made varsity lol but knew how to catch a real football. YMMV.

When I was a kid, the overwhelming sadness & disappointment during Christmases when people would give me sportsballs as gifts is the exact same feeling as I have when I open this thread.
This is the longest, shortest, dumbest and smartest sentence I have ever read in my life, pretty sure maybe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back