Camping Storage Bins

idahofishnhunt

What bins or totes are you guys using to haul your gear? I have rubbermaid ones right now which are ok, but tend to get a little flimsy when loaded down and stacked on each other. I'm looking for something a little sturdier and can be stacked on top of each other if need be. I've looked at the Plano ones, which seem pretty nice...but could be a bit bigger, maybe I'm not finding the bigger sized ones. I'm sure there are a lot of options out there...so feedback is appreciated, even pictures if you have them. Thanks!

I went with a couple of these. They are very sturdy, lids stay on tight and stack real solid. Got them at Costco for like $7-9 each. Can't remember if they are a Rubbermaid tough box something or other.

tote.jpg

I went with a couple of these. They are very sturdy, lids stay on tight and stack real solid. Got them at Costco for like $7-9 each. Can't remember if they are a Rubbermaid tough box something or other.

View attachment 39485

I've 18 of these (Uncle Sam paid me to partially move myself with them) and they are great. Click shut, stack securely and pretty durable. I take one or two with me to camp every year.

I've got a couple of Rubbermaid Action Packers as well and really like them, but mine are different sizes so I don't know how well two or more of the same size would stack. Those ones from Costco sure look nice and the price is right.

When I'm not backpacking I use one in a Burley kids trailer to bike in and camp behind closed gates or on a single wheel game cart. My dad and I took the game cart in moose hunting last year with the container holding all camping gear and our packs strapped on top the container along with my bow.

My truck has a shell on it and one container is in the back at all times with tow straps, chains, tarps, jumper cables, you name it. I picked two of them up a few years ago and somehow $20 worth of plastic has made life a whole lot easier.

I should add since I mentioned Costco, everything there is seasonal (except wine and milk thankfully) so they may only be there for three months out of the year but I have also seen them at Home Depot.

I have several Pelican cases that I use for packing most of my stuff. I would not have bought them myself due to how expensive they are. We always get one or two each deployment to pack things in, so now I have plenty. They are quite indestructible though but also on the heavy side.

http://www.pelican1660case.com

I was actually looking at those costco ones, I'll need to check them out first hand. They look like they would stack pretty good...and that's a pretty darn good price. Thanks for the input guys.

Started using the black and yellow ones this year, got mine from Lowes. Been pretty happy with them so far.

That is what I did with my old bins - holiday storage.
Action Packers are solid.
And have one I picked up at Walmart that is lower profile, locks and rolls. Pretty sturdy. It is like the one SFC B has pictured above I believe, and slides along the bed of the truck nicely when packin

The foot locker above hs wheels and is good for long things but not nearly as sturdy as the black and yellows. I wouldn't stack much on it or sit on it. Got the B&Ys at Home Depot. Also, they stack great, basically locking together.

Hey miller, where do you find those action packers at?

I have one that has ridden around in the back of my pickup, filled with things like jacks, tow ropes, etc., for at least 10 years now but it is starting to give up the ghost so it needs replacing.

Want something strong enough to hold everything but the lid also needs to stay on while driving down the road.

I've seen the action packers at Sportsmans Warehouse, they are usually in stock in all the sizes.

Hey miller, where do you find those action packers at?

I have one that has ridden around in the back of my pickup, filled with things like jacks, tow ropes, etc., for at least 10 years now but it is starting to give up the ghost so it needs replacing.

Want something strong enough to hold everything but the lid also needs to stay on while driving down the road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back