Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Campfire Cooking, Camp Cooking Pics.

OleRedbeard

Anybody have any pics of cooking or camp food/hunting food while out and about? This one is from the MN opener last year in the Boundary Waters. Fresh Walleye, Dehydrated Hash Browns, Hush Puppies and rice. nothing special just shore lunch specials. We usually eat light during the day and make enough to last for breakfast and lunch the next day if the weather is cool enough to permit it. Cuts down on cooking time when we could be out on the water.

IMG_6960.jpg

I can almost guarantee one of those dutch ovens has potatoes, onions and kielbasa and the other one has either chicken w/bbq sauce or bbq ribs simmering. (y)
Nothing better than having a drink or two while cooking with the dutch ovens because you can't be in a hurry when dutch oven cooking.

DSCN0890.JPG

I think I figured out trout over a campfire- alder is strongly preferred for the stick & the fire.

Peel about 18" of an alder stick, thin down the last 6" with one side flat, sharpen the end. Run the sharp end through the tail section, flat side against the spine. Sharpen two short pieces of peeled alder, run through the rib section to keep the fish tight to the stick & open the chest up. Prop up on a rock, weigh down the free end with another rock, cook over coals until done- watch the meat color along the spine. Rotate as needed. Enjoy.

IMG_20180811_091527348.jpg

Better photo of the sticks through the ribs to keep everything open- makes it easier to season, and helps the skin get crispy.

IMG_20180810_190711497.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back