Yeti GOBOX Collection

Annual trip to MN boundary waters

midwesthunter

Made my annual trip into the boundary waters of MN. Wind was a little rougher then normal, so was hard to keep canoe in position and was hotter than normal, mid 80's. Only averaged 50 fish a day, which is still nothing to complain about. Not sure if its a timing thing but the smallmouth average size has been less the last couple years. This could be very dependent on water temps/weather. But I caught tons in the 2.5-3lb range, nothing over 4lbs. I use to catch several 6's and even a 7lber. Walleye bite was good as usual, caught enough to feed 4 people every night. Didn't get a pic of the biggest but was a 27 incher, PB for this area was a 30 incher last year. Caught three pike over 40 inches with the largest just a tad over 48".

Attachments

• IMG_0345.jpg
    IMG_0345.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 3
That's a great area up there. Looks like you have a nice tradition going up there!

O man!! Great trip!! I have been itchin for the bwca in a bad way and this is not helping my itch! Care to share route or EP?

One of my favorite places on earth. Went there twice through the Quetico. Canoed and portaged from Atikokan Ontario to Ely, MN with my three sons.

The BWCA is a special place and one I want to visit one of these years. Thanks for sharing photos of your adventure.

What entry point? What lakes did you hit up? I've gone in on 84 and 47. This year going to try Quetico for the first time later in July.

I do a short 2.5 day fishing trip now vs 5 day trips. So I just fish the Granite River.

I have always heard Questico fishing is a lot better, its hard to believe that when I can consistently produce 50-100 fish days.

I do a short 2.5 day fishing trip now vs 5 day trips. So I just fish the Granite River.

I have always heard Questico fishing is a lot better, its hard to believe that when I can consistently produce 50-100 fish days.
The Granite River is a great route and very productive fishing. In the mid 90’s I was a canoe guide and took groups on that route every week.

50 a day... Whoa! Very nice! I've made one trip to the Superior boundary Waters area. Beautiful area! I understand why your maintain an annual trek!
Pike over 48" is pretty epic! Grats.

Back