camp pics

Darn quite in here. Where you hiding dave. I sent a email to the forest ranger for this year hunting dates. time to put in for my vacation. Temp here are in the 50s and rain all night last night. the snow is completely gone. turning cooler by the weekend.

Thats great, I thought I lost it. It didn't happen to have a radio in it did it. I can't find one of mine.
I took Cub and my grandson, Matt, for a smelt fish. We had a good time ( 81 fish in 2 hrs). The others around us weren't doing as well so we must of had the lucky holes. Matt is coming along with the baiting his hooks and taking fish off hooks while not getting tangled up. He caught almost as much as Cub, and alot more than me. We had a fish fry yesterday. I love that fresh feed every year.
Take care.

Attachments

• IMG_3268.jpg
    IMG_3268.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 380
The snow is all gone at the camp. I was out there today for a few minutes.
Hope to get out there when the weather is warmer and the ground is not as wet.
100_3239.jpg

100_3240.jpg

100_3238.jpg

Where you hiding at dave. wife got alot of honey to do thing going on.Guess I will have to give you a ring this evening maybe from the camp. Here are a few pic from there the week befor.
51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg

Yes I am keeping quite busy. I am doing alot of taxes ( sick of them now), as well I am re-decking the utility trailer. I have to get the boat trailer out today and go over it. Val and I went to the Miramichi on Friday for the annual Insurance general Meeting, boring and no bonuses this year. Topped with a big property tax bill, looks like my spending is going to be cut back. Anyway I am excited to say fishing season is only 4 days away. It would be good black salmon fishing, as there is no ice concern but that doesn't turn my crank anymore. The ice is out of all our lakes here (April 5th) so the lake fishing may be questionable come May 1st. I should be able to catch some trout between April 15th and May 1st though, at some spots that are legal and good early fishing. I haven't decided where to go May 1st. Brian is having a tournament at his lake on that day. Last time he had one I won $400+, so I might consider going there. There tends to be alot of drinking/partying and I dont know if I want to be part of that. Kevin and I are throwing around some ideas where we want to go. Probably the weather will rule where we go because if it is windy I will stay off the bigger water.
We are having a small birthday party/cake for my son-in-law ( Chuck) today. Kevin was up to your camp last weekend to get my trailer that was there. He is going to rig it up (rails and lights) as a utility trailer. He said there was about 8 " snow in your driveway and he had to put truck in 4wd to get through it as it was so mealy. That snow is probably gone now as we had some real warm weather at the start of the week. It has cooled off the end of this week but I hear its going to warm up again. Yahoo, watch out worms, hehe.
Talk to you later. Enjoy yourself.

Good to hear the weather great and if you want you could do my taxes here as well Laff.
Need to get out and catch a few fish and have a lake shore lunch. take lot's of pics. I got a few deer hanging around the camp as well. just pic up my sd card last night.
59.jpg

61.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

67.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg

77.jpg

76.jpg

75.jpg

funny how there is so many people viewing this thread (27,787)any is so shy. Does not sound like hunttalker to me lol. will see what it goes up to after my message.

That last pic with the bird in it is pretty cool.
Val and i got away for a fish yesterday. It was cold last nite and cool and windy in the boat at Russell Dam. We got two fish there as the fishing was very slow, see first pic. The second pic is from our walk into the deadwaters that you and I took the atv into a few years ago. We could have filled a basket but the limit of fish will give us a good feed today. Had fun and we were back home by 3:30pm. Today is bit of a work day with taxes and some guy dropping in for motorcycle insurance. Hope you have as good a weekend as I have had. THE FISHING SEASON IS OPEN. YAHOO!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_3503.jpg
    IMG_3503.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 766
whats with the snow suit. The temps still alittle cool there I guess. We are ok here just had a great bbq for dinner. was out and look at a house today. to small and they had a Dehumidifier going as well, still did not cover up the damp smell.got a few more pics to post as well. so the shy people here can see. How the new home coming with your son. And have you been out back of your place lately. Well good luck with the fishing and post some pic when you can.

by the way who caught the most fish when you two went out. Allso did you make it back to pick up your ground blind out back of the camp? Maybe that is where your walkie talkie might of been left at.
78.jpg

79.jpg

80.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

87.jpg

89.jpg

Anyone like to take a guess what this closeup was on my cam. I like the coon pic as well. looks like he got a scar from fighting or something.
92.jpg

I'm thinking a dog snout.

28009 viewed

Last edited:
here is the best picture yet. This is what I call a deer/dear of a life time.
granddaughter.jpg

Charlotte came into this world at 5:26 4/21/10. 6lbs 10ozs 20.75inches.
One proud grandpa.

Sytes! been glowing for a few days and waiting seems like a month.
Charlotte will make it three. as far as babysitting,We love to but it would take us 12hours to watch over her and cody. Speaking of great catch dave. you all gear up for this saturday coming.

Back