camp pics

Part two

100_0596.jpg

70 some year old mother of the one of the guys that helps me wanted to come and shoot as well. she said she had a ball and wants to come back some day.
IMG_1003.jpg

Dog bit my son last Monday after progressivly showing more aggression and trying to be top dog of the house. We did everything we could think of including not letting him go out untill we went out the door, flipping him over on his back to show domaniance, taking his dish, anything we could do but once he bit he had to be put down in my mind.
So we lost our friend Jack.
100_0616.jpg

I know have added a recurve to my bow collection.
100_0672.jpg

I ended up with vertigo and was in bed for almost a week.:eek:
been teaching during the Firearms course this week and teaching the hunters ed next week, on the 20th will be teaching my first section in the Bow hunters education course and YES I have a Bow hunters course set up for the 28 and 29 of April at the church. That is a Monday and Tuesday nights from 6 untill 10 and it is filling up fast.
The head instructor here in Fredericton said that I may have just proved that they need to do more of the courses on days other than sunday's. Go figure.|oo|oo
I have been trying to tell them that for some time.

I think that is most of it...................

Nope son played basketball for his middle school and they took second in the district and played on the badminton team and now is playing on the vollyball team for his school as well as starting up spring football in the snow.:rolleyes:

I will try and get in more often sorry about that.

OH yea booked my vacation the other day for my trip to NY in the fall. Can not wait for that.

by the way that was hard work typing all that. LOL

Mooseheadred the archery night at our group is not connected to Archery NB and all we ask is that if you have it donate $2 a week to help defer any cost if you would like to join us.
We want to make it fun so more people will get involved in the sport.

Well no pictures tonight as I was not able to get to the archery group untill about 7:30. I was teaching a section of the hunters education course and then bolted to do some shooting myself. I only took the recurve tonight and actualy kept most of my shots on my own target. I did say most right. OK alright one was on the target to my left and another hit the target to my right but most were on my target.
I seemed to tire quick tonight so I put the bow away before I hurt myself. LOL

We also had a great group out tonight somewere in the 15 range again. Well I only have to teach this sunday one section of the bow hunters course and then on the 28 and 29 I will be doing or organizing the bow hunters course that will be at the church. Not getting instructors just making sure everything will be set up ready to go. wish me luck.

Welcome back stranger, Good to see you are feeling better. And allso good to see that the club is looking pretty good.Hope that the weather there is great as it is here. Dave I was inforn that someone had a wood cook stove forsale for $150. I'm sure it is in pretty good shape. I'm waiting for wife to get home and see what she thinks on this deal. Hate to have to stop my trip there in may/sept so I will let the boss decide. As I know the one I got now needs a new door.So to hear about jack as well bruce. Well one more day of work and i'm going to relax some what this weekend. have a good weekend all, don't be shy and keep a page open bruce. later

Nice weather up here. Trout fishing is just around the corner. I nixed the trip there in September Trent. Too many complications, but it is a trip I am going to do sometime.
Take care guys and have a good weekend.

Mooseheadred we will be shooting tuesday night April 22 at the church if you and your son can make it out. It is always a good time. Bring the misses along as well. There are other ladies there that shoot too.

What a night tonight. We had a ball with the burlap animal Targets that Archers Edge donated to us. We started the night off by just shooting some arrows so we could all warm up. Then I let the folks that will be doing the Bow hunters course next week have the opportunity to get there shooting test over with tonight and had four of the students want to do it. We had 3 shooters do the shooting test with the compound bow and they passed with flying colors. Way to go guys and then we had one of the fellows want to do the test with his trad gear. He did very well and got 5 of 6 arrows in the white circle which is about a 10 inch circle. 3 shots at 10 yards and 3 at 20. Nervousness turned out to be the biggest problem yet again as it always does.

We then moved to the real fun and we put the burlap out. the name of the game was this everyone had to try and get into the kill circle on the target in order to get the prize. We started out with two targets from 20 yards, one for trad and one for compounds. We also had one put up at 10 yards for the folks that normally shoot at the 10 yard range.

Let the shooting begin.
100_0702.jpg

100_0703.jpg

100_0704.jpg

100_0705.jpg

Well how did we do? Looks like nothing at 10 yards on the first round.
100_0706.jpg

But wait we have a winner at 20 yards with the compounds.
100_0707.jpg

Second round winners and again the compounds come out on top.
100_0708.jpg

Third round please.
100_0709.jpg

And look at this we have a winner at 10 yard target and that face says it all doesn't it.
100_0710.jpg

100_0711.jpg

Our first trad winner.
100_0712.jpg

More shooting
100_0713.jpg

and another winner at the 20 yard trad target
100_0714.jpg

Wait we also have a 10 yard winner
100_0715.jpg

Well that was all the DVD's we had to give away and I would like to give a huge thank you to Wild Extreme for those great prices.

We moved on to some hats from Keystone's and believe it or not the camera did not work for the operator as they had not used my camera before. Well that is life but we did get a pic of the 10 yard winner and yup he wins again.
100_0716.jpg

Those hats were thanks to Keystones Country Store another great group of folks.

Well we did some more shooting and I even dug out the my trad bow and gave it a try at 20 yards tonight. I think the operator of the camera did it on purpose but the pics of my two .....Yes I said two bullseye did not turn out. I just about laughed my guts out when the arrows hit the target and wiggled back and forth in the bullseye. Ow well what can you do.

It was a great evening to watch folks have fun and hear so much laughter in the gym. The cheers when someone would get a hit that would win them a prize was great.

I hope we can do it again some day.

Wow where is my video bruce, looks like you got a pretty good set up there. I didn't see your face up there dave? Nice to see all age in those pics. Just make sure everyone is ok with there pic being on the net. I know that feeling way to well. Now do you know all these people bruce or is the word getting out? Looks like alot of fun and I got to stop by one of my trips. Speaking of trip I went out last night and got a few fiddleheads. alittle early but in another week or so they should be just right. Have a good one and teach another course about useing a camera laffs.

Looks like your group is really enjoying themselves, Still.
Our fiddleheads are underwater right now, Trent. How many days till you are eating wild turkey?
Finally, I bought a set of wheels that I can take to the woods. Its a 1997 Jimmy. I hate buying 2nd hand stuff but I gotta take a chance. My boat just wouldn't fit on the Camry, LOL. Ice will be out of the lakes by the weekend, and the season opener is on May 1st. I think I am going to be out sick that day and unable to work. Doctor says plenty of fresh air is a good remedy. What can I say!!

sorry to hear you are going to be on may first. just don't spread it around Dave Take you dog for a walk for fresh air. you never know For god sake don't hold up the rest room any where Ok I'll be good Ferret did that one not me Ok time to go out and see if I can find more fiddleheads.

Today being Saturday, I should be doing some odd jobs such as :
prepare boat trailer for inspection
put seats in boat
install fishfinder transducer on boat
install rod holders on boat
change bearings on ATV
work on truck that I bought ( undercoat, clean, etc.)

But what am I going to do-------------------GO FISHING

My son has got the fishing bug worse than me and he wants to go wet a line. I don't have much faith in catching anything and have lots of work to do otherwise, but what can I say. See ya, I gotta go dig some worms.

Been back a couple hours and had a great day. Nice and sunny, not too warm but very nice. My young fellow out fished me 4 to 0. And he had a few other bites as well. Me, I only got I bite and I broke off a $5 spinner on it. I attach a photo of fish. 2 @ 8", 1 @ 9" and 1 @ 11". They were all thin, with the largest showing orange flesh and the rest were white. But at least we know the fish are starting to bite.

Attachments

• IMG_1384.jpg
    IMG_1384.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 144
yummy, bring them down here and I will have some fiddleheads pick. by time you get here we could go on a gobble hunt.hate to be the one with bad news but it thunder and lighting from 3pm to late last night. So if it is heading your way and today is nice you better get some work done to the boat/bike etc or get out fishing again. Today right now it is sunny, I hope that it is sunny thursday as well.

Wow what a night. Got home at about 10:15 I would say but we now have the first night of the New Brunswick Bow hunter education course done with. Out of 9 names on the list we had I think it was one that had to cancel and 2 or three extras come. So we still had I think it was 10 but not sure might have been 11 show up. I was very pleased and we have two youth that are going to do there shooting test within the next 60 days I think it is. I am to tired and need to download my mind now. Have a good night.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HappyClar
Back