Caribou Gear Tarp

Camera action while being outdoors enjoying the fresh air and adventure. Feel free to add yours too.

Been hearing a few more grouse drumming lately than in other years. If spring weather gets decent We should have a better hatch

Today's adventure time didn't work out for taking pictures. I made the mistake of trying to drive through a fresh dozer filled low spot. Wet concrete type mud that would create suction where you could hardly get your boots out of. 5 hours with 3 friends we finally got the truck out. Broke one strap. The suction was so bad the high lift jack was about the only way to win this battle.

IMG_20200511_160849109_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200511_160928206_HDR~2.jpg

Only one unique wildlife picture. I'll post that tomorrow. Another very rare game animal near my hunting grounds.

Last edited:
The unique wildlife photo that I took on my way home from getting the truck stuck.

I wonder if these have a predator visibility advantage if there is snow on the ground. I know us hunters would not be expecting and have a harder time seeing one if I was hunting with snow cover. This deer is not in a fenced enclosure and is wild. It is feeding in a logging site landing that is just growing vegetation again.

DSC_1236_193.JPG
DSC_1238_194.JPG
DSC_1240_196.JPG
DSC_1241_197.JPG

I wonder if these have a predator visibility advantage if there is snow on the ground. I know us hunters would not be expecting and have a harder time seeing one if I was hunting with snow cover. This deer is not in a fenced enclosure and is wild. It is feeding in a logging site landing that is just growing vegetation again.
Maybe :unsure:
Would think they'd be highly visible to predators the rest of the year. Someone local shot an albino buck a year or two ago and most of the community lost their collective minds, and not in a good way.

I'm sure they are at a disadvantage when there is no snow. I bet they glow under a full moon. It's kind of strange. The hunter thing happened here about ten years ago. The same reaction from the public happened. Not pretty. This is where taxidermy work has a huge benefit. It captures and preserves a very rare specimen for a lot longer than what the animal would have lived. But on the other side of the coin the genetics are not coming from that individual animal any longer. It's almost worth a survey. Would you shoot an albino if it were legal or not? Tough one to answer for alot of people.

Palm Warbler. Breeding in the United States looks like only in the UP of Michigan and a little bit of Northern Minnesota. The rest is in Canada. Predominately east of Hudson Bay if they have the yellow undersides. Photos also taken today less than 200 yards from the South shore of Lake Superior.

DSC_1336_208.JPG
DSC_1345_210.JPG

We have a ton of these guys in the yard right now, chipping sparrows:

IMG_20200508_180348681.jpg

Caught this one stretching:

IMG_20200508_180343948.jpg

Say's Phoebe showed up about a week ago:

IMG_20200505_103910698.jpg

Great photos, Buzz. I don't think people know how hard it is to capture these small birds in a clear photo. I really like the stretching photo. Even harder to get a clear photo when they are posturing differently. Keep your talent flowing on this thread. I really enjoy it when you and others add great camera action.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back