Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Camera action while being outdoors enjoying the fresh air and adventure. Feel free to add yours too.

Great shots!

Especially the sandhill, never have seen one in the deep snow like that
I have not seen them in snow like that either. It sure motivated me to try and capture that on camera. Spring sure is a crazy time of year. I guess I'm treating this as hunting, but only with a camera, so there is no closed season on any species being shot.

I always get the same type of shots at grouse, except for they stay on the ground for the camera and fly for the shotgun (I miss most of the time or hit a tree with the load of shot). They must know what a shotgun looks like and just flush. I will swat them on the ground given a chance. I like eating them too much to be a select wing shooter.

Did someone say "Randy's just stopped what he was doing"?
DSC_0288_099.JPG

DSC_0290_101.JPG

Last edited:
Video I took last weekend of bald eagle flying into nest with a mouse? For the two eaglets dinner. This nest is 220 yards from the house. I livestream it on the web often and the locals are loving it. Anything to help folks appreciate the natural world and critters is a good thing.

Here is a video of the eaglets hopping around The same day.

Yesterday, I walked out to the edge of the lake carrying the camera looking for ducks. There really weren't many that were close. I'm thinking to myself this is a little atypical for the conditions of calm open water on this end of the lake. I am there about 2 minutes and all of a sudden I hear a very loud and shrill bald eagle call. I turned around expecting to see the eagle flying in the air at the tree line. I see nothing. I hear it again. Now I am wondering what tree this bird is perched in. I scan all the obvious high rest perches and see nothing. I hear it again. This gives me a little better fix on the source of sound. I spend another minute staring, hoping for some movement. Then I detect this oddity that I realized was the eagle.

DSC_0659_140.JPG

A minute or so later and this bird takes to the air. I got one shot of the bird in flight with the camera.

DSC_0663_141.JPG

Now I am wondering if this is going to become a new nest site. Time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back