Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Camera action while being outdoors enjoying the fresh air and adventure. Feel free to add yours too.

My "least" favorite waterfowl. To the point I can hardly even hit the shutter button on the camera. I did take a distant picture of two males fighting over what looks like a decent size perch that one surfaced with. The quality of that photo is not worth posting. This photo is not much better. Lets say this is my last camera shot at this species!

DSC_0398_116.JPG

Exploring through the woods around the property, granddaughter and I found many cool things. Snow is going fast. We came upon this dead young bull moose. By examination apparently a winter kill . She was sad for this and so was I. A call to fish & game confirmed a higher winter rate due to snow depths, starvation this year.

winter killed moose.jpg

Exploring through the woods around the property, granddaughter and I found many cool things. Snow is going fast. We came upon this dead young bull moose. By examination apparently a winter kill . She was sad for this and so was I. A call to fish & game confirmed a higher winter rate due to snow depths, starvation this year.

View attachment 138231
Wow! The power and meaning behind that photograph is something. The life education of nature, being captured and passed on to your granddaughter, and her emotions, sure put a lot of reality in that picture.

Yesterday's Yooper Moose experience:
Standing over small fresh run off water flowage.
DSC_0994_168 R.JPG

Kneeling down on one leg to reach the drinking water.
DSC_0991_167 R.JPG

Kneeling down on both front legs for a long drink.
DSC_1005_170 R.JPG

A little moose drool.
DSC_1007_171 R.JPG

Leaving the watering scene.
DSC_1009_173 R.JPG

And me being very happy to catch this action on the camera. I never would have expected to run into a moose. This captures a great memory for me!

A pair of Bufflehead not wanting to be shot with the camera. I still have a hard time believing these ducks are as small as they are. The very first duck that I killed in my life was a female Bufflehead, flying, with a 2 3/4" single shot 20 gauge using size 6 shot. In the year 1975.
DSC_0718_147.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back