Calling my shot!

This is my year for a CA Mule deer tag. Point creep has been denying me the last couple of years, taunting me only to tug it away at the last minute...But this will be the last year it toys with my emotions!
Furthermore, If I can draw a pronghorn tag this year as well, I'll buy that new bow with a new sight, and take up residence in the high desert for a month. The Hermit Hunter they shall call me.......

Maybe we can hunt together for our goats in 2022. 😀
Sounds like a plan!
Way better then the stangers who create accounts when they draw and send me pm's "i drew a mountain goat tag but didnt realize i need a resident or a guide to go take me. I am super stoked and am a hardcore diy guy from florida so don't want to use a outfitter. Really looking foward to spending time in the mountains as i have never seen any before. Please let me know if you know anyone who could help me out. Also how bad are the bears?"

As a new guy earlier this year, I predicted multiple tags in multiple states with few or no points. Then @wllm1313 popped my cherry with facts and statistics and left me shedding tears on my pillow.

Nevada archery cow elk or,
Utah spike archery elk.

Sounds like a plan!
Way better then the stangers who create accounts when they draw and send me pm's "i drew a mountain goat tag but didnt realize i need a resident or a guide to go take me. I am super stoked and am a hardcore diy guy from florida so don't want to use a outfitter. Really looking foward to spending time in the mountains as i have never seen any before. Please let me know if you know anyone who could help me out. Also how bad are the bears?"
I seem to recall you helping out a new member with a moose tag a few years ago…

I seem to recall you helping out a new member with a moose tag a few years ago…
I truly dont mind helping people out but not backpacking in the AB wilderness with complete strangers! Would be nice if someone eventually reciprocates and offers some info or access for something new to me. Good luck in draws!

Red,Red,Red,Red,Red Red,Red..............Thank You for your contribution to Wildlife.
Trying to keep my expectations realistic!

Hoping to make the most of my new WY residency this year and the next few.

Definitely antelope, deer, elk.

Deleted all my old waypoints because I figured no way would I be lucky enough to come back here and live. Jokes on me….kind of OK with it.

Hope to take an elk every year I’m here. Maybe a nice mule deer as well.

Anyways, as a non-resident I was very against the restrictions of tag allocation limitations as a resident (after I meet the residency requirements) I’m very much for them. 😂😆

Might end up with a CO mule deer tag but then there is point creep.

Otherwise putting in for deer and archery antelope in ID. Then I need to decide if I should apply for elk controlled hunt or go for a capped tag. I will flip flop on that decision many times until the deadline comes.

I might cash in some WY antelope points and see what happens. Most of the rest I out in for will be long shots. But I'm calling a sheep or goat tag for my daughter. She pulled moose last year at 10 so let's keep the streak alive in order to delay the amount of time between now and when she realizes drawing good tags is alot harder than getting moose first try.

Hoping for a cow elk tag and a doe antelope tag for my middle son. Currently in the researching units/seriously over-thinking phase. I definitely foresee getting my butt whooped by a few Adirondack whitetails, as well.

-Whiff on WY elk draw
-See 3 bears, all griz, on my spring bear hunt
-Fail to leave enough time for spring turkey d/t above
-underestimate point creep and whiff on WY deer. Whiff on doe antelope again. Kick myself for not putting in for WY cow elk tag.
-Redemption squirrel hunt!
FBF05B49-6816-4C07-877C-19717E565C82.jpeg

I predict my 14th consecutive year without a pronghorn tag...

I'd like to predict drawing a tag for something, but after going 0 for 5 last year even that might be too ambitious.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back