Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Calling down the thunder

Ben Lamb

http://www.mtbullypulpit.org/2013/01/calling-down-thunder.html

The fightin's commenced. Get to fighting, or get out of the way - Wyatt Earp

This fourth week of the 63rd session of the Montana Legislature has gotten off to a rocky start. Political games with highly controversial bills being scheduled hastily so opposition can’t organize easily; shenanigans with secret meetings to try and carve out our access funding for personal and partisan gain; and the return of the anti-public hunter bills like SB 151 are all bubbling. Through in a little insult of forcing hunters to pay for brucellosis testing, mandates for test and slaughter of elk and stripping hunting privileges away for three years if you accidentally walk on some private ground and you have what is shaping up to be a banner session.

Groups like the United Property Owners of Montana are walking the halls with their lobbyists talking about test and slaughter of elk and transferable licenses for landowners while other groups like Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife try desperately to pass bad legislation that would crater Montana’s ability to hunt wolves.

It's pretty tough to "through" insults very far, even if they are little ones.

I'm not normally a grammar police kind of guy, but you might want to correct that if its published on a blog.

i was watching too...i leaned forward a bit in my chair when he was asked to "name names"...but then the offer was rescinded...oh well...maybe next time

It's pretty tough to "through" insults very far, even if they are little ones.

I'm not normally a grammar police kind of guy, but you might want to correct that if its published on a blog.

Good catch. Much appreciated.

I have two guns. One for each of you.

Curly Bill: [takes a bill with Wyatt's signature from a customer and throws it on the faro table] Wyatt Earp, huh? I heard of you.
Ike Clanton: Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog. Law don't go around here. Savvy?
Wyatt Earp: I'm retired.
Curly Bill: Good. That's real good.
Ike Clanton: Yeah, that's good, Mr. Law Dog, 'cause law don't go around here.
Wyatt Earp: I heard you the first time.
[flips a card]
Wyatt Earp: Winner to the King, five hundred dollars.
Curly Bill: Shut up, Ike.
Johnny Ringo: [Ringo steps up to Doc] And you must be Doc Holliday.
Doc Holliday: That's the rumor.
Johnny Ringo: You retired too?
Doc Holliday: Not me. I'm in my prime.
Johnny Ringo: Yeah, you look it.
Doc Holliday: And you must be Ringo. Look, darling, Johnny Ringo. The deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darling? Should I hate him?
Kate: You don't even know him.
Doc Holliday: Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
Wyatt Earp: [to Ringo] He's drunk.
Doc Holliday: In vino veritas.
["In wine is truth" meaning: "When I'm drinking, I speak my mind"]
Johnny Ringo: Age quod agis.
["Do what you do" meaning: "Do what you do best"]
Doc Holliday: Credat Judaeus apella, non ego.
["The Jew Apella may believe it, not I" meaning: "I don't believe drinking is what I do best."]
Johnny Ringo: [pats his gun] Eventus stultorum magister.
["Events are the teachers of fools" meaning: "Fools have to learn by experience"]
Doc Holliday: [gives a Cheshire cat smile] In pace requiescat.
["Rest in peace" meaning: "It's your funeral!"]
Tombstone Marshal Fred White: Come on boys. We don't want any trouble in here. Not in any language.
Doc Holliday: Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him

...give em hell Ben

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gowest23
Back