Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Call your Senators! CPW Commission Confirmation Vote - Delayed Again! Now Tues, 12 Mar!

That process seems ripe for corruption. The governor could appoint anti-hunters who vote against science-based wildlife management for nearly a year before they get the boot. Why not have the governor make recommendations and then have the senate vote on them before they actually sit on the commission?
Because it’s government, your idea just makes to much logical sense.

That process seems ripe for corruption. The governor could appoint anti-hunters who vote against science-based wildlife management for nearly a year before they get the boot. Why not have the governor make recommendations and then have the senate vote on them before they actually sit on the commission?

Not every state has a full-time legislature and as such, the organs of gov't can't function is the position of director is not filled. Therefore, every constitution of the 50 united states, and our federal one, provides for the appointment of interim directors until such time as the Senate of the United States (in the federal case) or the Senate of a specific state can then fulfill it's duty to advise and consent.

Good luck fellers. Hit them hard, but be polite, and don't use form emails.

Not every state has a full-time legislature and as such, the organs of gov't can't function is the position of director is not filled. Therefore, every constitution of the 50 united states, and our federal one, provides for the appointment of interim directors until such time as the Senate of the United States (in the federal case) or the Senate of a specific state can then fulfill it's duty to advise and consent.

Good luck fellers. Hit them hard, but be polite, and don't use form emails.
I'm not following you. What director position are you talking about?

Typed up a custom email. I am a registered independent, I let them know that and let them know which way I will vote if they continue to ignore sportsmen’s voices. I copy and paste it and have been blasting it out to reps. Also called several of them and let them know. I get realisticly they probably won’t read many or any of these but I bet you they have some intern talleying up for and against… and I bet it gives them some pause… like I said we crushed the coleg cat ban a couple years back with this strategy

Talked to a few Senators aides on the phone today. One stated the vote would be on Thursday. Entirely possible he was mistaken.

So neither one gave away how the senator would vote but both were very willing to listen. I think they have received a heavy volume of calls and emails opposing 2 of the commissioners. Both said they would be talking with members of the Senate Ag and Natural Resources who voted against the appointments to get better insight. I am cautiously optimistic but we need to keep the pressure on. I think the winning talking point now is to encourage Senators on the fence to follow the bipartisan recommendation of the Senate Ag and Natural Resources committee who has taken the time to evaluate these appointments based on the statutory requirements and found that 2 do not meet those requirements.

So neither one gave away how the senator would vote but both were very willing to listen. I think they have received a heavy volume of calls and emails opposing 2 of the commissioners. Both said they would be talking with members of the Senate Ag and Natural Resources who voted against the appointments to get better insight. I am cautiously optimistic but we need to keep the pressure on. I think the winning talking point now is to encourage Senators on the fence to follow the bipartisan recommendation of the Senate Ag and Natural Resources committee who has taken the time to evaluate these appointments based on the statutory requirements and found that 2 do not meet those requirements.
The second reply I got was an inspired vote based on senate ag insight as well. Seems to be the blanket response so far.

Technically you could hand write a letter, scan it to .PDF and send it as an attachment, making it a handwritten email of sorts...

I'll be interested to see how this pans out today, I'm not overly optimistic with our legislature or the governor not doing the same thing over again...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back