Call-Making Tutorial

Jet

Hey, how about a call-making tutorial from one of you experts?
Krustyklimber, your calls look the best that I've seen, how about maybe you could tell us how to make them?

Yeah, Id like to learn how to make calls too
biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lone Howl:
Yeah, Id like to learn how to make calls too
biggrin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr Howel,

I have my own new call making technique that I can not shar with you now, not yet. Please be Patient too.

However it appears than some makers are very thrifty and resoresful, and are able to start with old furnture legs as a base to there call.

I ankshusly am waiting for Krusty Klinger to show you all how to do it his way, I am betting you will be learnng much since his calls are braged about on all the coyote boards.

TF

Jet,

Welcome to Moosie's...

Thank you for the kind words about my calls... obviously you haven't seen very many customs.
wink.gif

Lone Howl (the joker) makes some very pretty calls, Richs' Cronk and Higgins both make works of art in their horn howlers, BradH makes little gems of antler calls, and Coyote Creek Calls makes some very beautiful calls (similar to my wooden calls)... and so many more I don't need to list them all(dang, no way can I leave out Rhino Calls).

I somehow feel baited by this question, and don't like the feel of it (I am sorry to say).
Rich Cronk has already written a great article on how to make an antler call, so I seriously doubt the world wide web needs another.
I use the steps he lays out... in fact I printed out the article and used it as a guideline to learn to make them myself.
And I got a lot of assistance from other call makers along the way.

I don't have the ability to take good photos and get them done in a timely manner (I really need a digital camera), so I wouldn't be able to show the procedures I use, as well as Mr. Cronk already has his.

I have made some changes in the procedure to suit working with wood, and the tooling I have available, as I am sure the rest of you would.
But if you are familiar with woodworking these changes will be appearant.

If you have specific questions for me we could do this by e-mail, or on another board (maybe one with a hand calls forum)... I don't think we need to clutter up the Varmint forum with discussion of one particular type of wooden call, and certainly not with one maker (myself) as the focus of it.

Mr. Ferguson,

We went through the name thing on PM, before you got banned, maybe cutting and pasting my screenname from where I have typed it would help?
wink.gif
You seemed to be doing well at using Mr. to address folks here until you got to me...
I won't resort to playing games with your name (in fun) like I did last time... Please just call me Krusty, and I will address you as Mr. Ferguson (unless you request otherwise).

Just curious... does your new design utilize a new type of reed system or is it just a new way of making a body?

I have a new idea myself, for closed reed call bodies.
Though my idea is just a variation on a theme, like they say "there is nothing new under the sun", and it's usually true.

Best of luck in your call making guys, I hope you find it as enjoyable as I have!

Jeff
wave1.gif

Thanks for the link, Krustyklimber. That's a good-looking website over there.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back