Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Caldwell DeadShot Fieldpod

huntbux

Has anyone used one of these. Thinking of getting one for my wife and I. Mainly for practice shooting and sighting in. Wanted to see what you guys all thought about them.

huntbux, I actually bought one of these about a month ago. Its still in the box, but, I need to get it out and try it. I bought it for sighting in, and daughter/wife if they decide to hunt this year, also thought it would be great for coyote hunting. I like that it swivels and its not real heavy. Sorry I wasn't much help. . I think it will be great. . .I'll let you know. RJ

Thanks I was hoping maybe someone would have some experience with one but we shall see. May just have to go for it.

you may want to look at bog-pods setup,,,thats what ive been using,,,they have a similar rifle platform attachment that i havnt tried yet,,,but i like the basic v rest and the ability to switch to a spotting scope attachment,,,or camera atachment for small spotter or binos.I just wish they made a more light weight version,,,but dual purpose of the bog-pod is nice.the caldwell rest appears a bit bulky and looks like its not switchable for mulitude of uses.

I have one. It's heavy/cumbersome and cheaply made. I would pass on it if I were you. If the adjustments were all aluminum or steel instead of plastic it would be okay. The plastic is prone to break and just can't be tightened down all that well without risk of it breaking.

I have one. It's heavy/cumbersome and cheaply made. I would pass on it if I were you. If the adjustments were all aluminum or steel instead of plastic it would be okay. The plastic is prone to break and just can't be tightened down all that well without risk of it breaking.

I go with a DITTO on that one. Best to go out and buy one of those big rabbit ear type (sand rests). more stable.

good luck to all
the dog

Huntbux, just used mine yesterday. . .I think it works great, no problems at all. It weighs less than 6lbs and comes with a strap . . .I agree the composite knobs "may" break, but I dont plan on using it very often and won't be beating it around when I do. All personal preference at this point, but, I like mine just fine so far. RJ

you may want to look at bog-pods setup,,,thats what ive been using,,,they have a similar rifle platform attachment that i havnt tried yet,,,but i like the basic v rest and the ability to switch to a spotting scope attachment,,,or camera atachment for small spotter or binos.I just wish they made a more light weight version,,,but dual purpose of the bog-pod is nice.the caldwell rest appears a bit bulky and looks like its not switchable for mulitude of uses.

My Bog Pod seems to be well-made, but I have not packed it very far yet. It is a bit heavy. Quality equipment, though.

it would be nice if they made a more compact ,lighter version,but they dont..my bog-pod goes everywhere w me as i also use it for my tri-pod base.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back