Caribou Gear

CA Big Game Draw

I am going to build a few deer points again since my grandsons are getting points. We may never hunt one of the top X zones but we can hunt some X zones that I have had decent luck in. I burned my deer points 2 years ago and didn't think I would build points again but then I realized they will probably have points when they are 17.
I hunt an over the counter zone when I don't draw and with all the fires in recent years some zones have improved.

Good for you. Nice bull. There’s always the random draw chance. I haven’t been successful at all for those in all the years I’ve put in. Before the point system when it was all random draw, I couldn’t draw draw an x zone tag for the life of me. Knew others who drew all the time. It seemed something was fishy at the time.
I prefer the random draw. Before the point system I drew antelope on my 2nd try and drew G6 as a 2nd choice.
Surprize Valley Antelope.png

Just found out a buddies son drew J12. If anyone has any tips or spots to check it’s greatly appreciated.

Just found out a buddies son drew J12. If anyone has any tips or spots to check it’s greatly appreciated.

Just looking for migrating and rutting bucks EDITED TO ADD : you will see a lot of 3 points and 3x4's on this hunt. If a 4x4 is important, look carefully before you pull the trigger.

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back