Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Buzzards

Curly

My brother-in-law (lives in TN) just had to file an insurance claim on his fairly new Toyota Tundra. Apparently he was out on his boat and while his truck was parked at the boat launch parking lot, some buzzards stipped his truck of the rubber from around the windshield and doors. During the rubber eating, they of course scratched the hell out of the paint.

Have any of you guys heard of buzzzards eating cars or trucks.:eek: :confused:

Not to make fun of your brother-in-laws misfortune,:eek: ,,but thats funnier than hell:DROTFLMAO:D I'd like to see some pics of the truck...

I was thinking of getting a Tundra,,but if buzzards eat them,,well I not too sure now LOL

Hunterman(Tony)

A guy in another boat came up to him and asked him if that was his Toyota truck parked over at the ramp. The guy told him that buzzards were eating his truck and Joe just thought that it was some crazy guy b.s. ing him.

The story sounds fishy to me, but you know some of the stragest stories are true. Can you imagine the insurance guy hearing that he needs a new paint job and windshield weather stripping and window molding because of buzzards?

I found some info when I googled Turkey Vulture:

"But the weight of these vultures on the power lines, along with their acidic droppings, can affect electrical lines and their insulators," he said.

"Vultures have been known to short out power lines," Smith said. "And even if they don't cause shorts, they can still cause power spikes or interruptions. For businesses that require a consistent flow of electricity, like a microchip manufacturer, that fluctuation can cause problems and possibly lead to a significant loss of time and money."

Vultures also damage buildings, especially tall ones, he added.

"In addition to the mess made by their droppings, people tend to be disturbed by the presence of vultures outside their office windows," Smith said. "Frequently after they've landed on the ledge of an office building, they will peck at the black rubber stripping around the nearby windows. They peck at this rubber material until the entire seal is removed, compromising the integrity of the window."

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back