Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Large automobiles and trucks are still not impressive on MPG.

TomTeriffic

There is no reason under the sun a car or truck the size and weight of a Lincoln Navigator or a Toyota Tundra can't achieve 30+ MPG highway. There is no excuse for a Tacoma 4-cyl. to not exceed 30 MPG.

Until practical replacements for fossil fuels come along, the automobile industry should be forced by governments to develop the maximum possible fuel efficiency for the vehicle size and weight class.

Much-higher-MPG cars and trucks, even larger ones, can be achieved a number of ways.

1. advanced hybrid technology
2. developing the most efficient turbodiesel motors possible
3. developing the most fuel-efficient supercharged-gasoline engines possible

Ford has the right idea with the hybrid Maverick that can get up to 42 highway but a 4.50" pickup box is about as useless as bull udders.

8 inches of freshies at my house and still coming down. Was sunny with blue skies yesterday however while catching a few steelies on the river. We averaged around 16 to the gal in my friends F-150 down and back.😁

There is no reason under the sun a car or truck the size and weight of a Lincoln Navigator or a Toyota Tundra can't achieve 30+ MPG highway. There is no excuse for a Tacoma 4-cyl. to not exceed 30 MPG.

Until practical replacements for fossil fuels come along, the automobile industry should be forced by governments to develop the maximum possible fuel efficiency for the vehicle size and weight class.

Much-higher-MPG cars and trucks, even larger ones, can be achieved a number of ways.

Ford has the right idea with the hybrid Maverick that can get up to 42 highway but a 4.50" pickup box is about as useless as bull udders.
You’re assuming that the government would want that. Are you sure that they don’t want to keep vehicles less efficient, maintain dependence on oil, and keeping the petro dollar strong? And more government regulation…. Definitely want more of that! 🤔

4cyl Tacoma is the most underpowered Turd I have ever had. The engine is bullet proof. It literally doesnt have the power to weight ratio, gearing or aerodynamics to overcome the mpg limitations. It gets 25 mph with reasonable shift points in a manual.

my full sized diesel will get 24 mpg With a 6 speed. It has more to do with aerodynamics
50816BF0-6FAF-4124-AE7C-426B79D371FE.jpeg

Yeah I kind of scratch my head hearing 3/4 ton pickups only getting 15mpg when full size semi's pulling loaded trailers get 7-10 mpg.

I get 29mpg with my 5.7 Tundra. If everyone with a 96 Powerstroke gets to lie about their mileage then I do too.
In the 1990's, big Buicks were getting up to 30 MPG highway with the 3800 Gm V-6. I know what is scientifically possible when automobile engineers put their collective minds to work. Putting small diesels in Tacomas would definitley get them over the 30 hump. The Ford maverick up to 42 MPG looks very promising, but FoMoCo needs to add about 1.50' to that little 4.50' toy poodle box. I guess you could still get two retrievers inside the 4.50 box and not much other gear. Some hunters here have retrievers and camping gear. The Maverick can tow a measly 2,000 pounds but that should handle your duck-season jon boat or any aluminum multispecies/bass boat under 18'.

Toyota Stout in the shadow of Ford

Maverick. There is finally something economically sensible and utilitarian in our midst.

We now are going to have gas-fumes-consuming German shepherd/family haulers and aluminum boat towers that are going to pass up a number of gas pumps along the way.

In the 1990's, big Buicks were getting up to 30 MPG highway with the 3800 Gm V-6. I know what is scientifically possible when automobile engineers put their collective minds to work. Putting small diesels in Tacomas would definitley get them over the 30 hump. The Ford maverick up to 42 MPG looks very promising, but FoMoCo needs to add about 1.50' to that little 4.50' toy poodle box. I guess you could still get two retrievers inside the 4.50 box and not much other gear. Some hunters here have retrievers and camping gear. The Maverick can tow a measly 2,000 pounds but that should handle your duck-season jon boat or any aluminum multispecies/bass boat under 18'.

Toyota Stout in the shadow of Ford

Maverick. There is finally something economically sensible and utilitarian in our midst.

We now are going to have gas-fumes-consuming German shepherd/family haulers and aluminum boat towers that are going to pass up a number of gas pumps along the way.

I used to do some wild stuff in a 94 Ranger. I’ll take the half ton now, thanks.

I saw a ford maverick and Rivian for the first time on my recent trip to Des Moines. I don’t think a 4.5’ bed is the only thing from keeping both vehicles from being a practical truck for someone who actually needs a truck.

There to busy screwing up diesels with EGR EGT DPF DEF Fluid, to focus on better MPG. I was damn near forced to delete my 2015 F350 getting 14-15 mpg, now I get 11 mpg lol.

There is no free lunch. Due to safety regulations cars are built with being in a crash in mind. Cars and trucks are just bigger than before. Also people react to performance before fuel economy (for the most part). I am a big proponent for hybrid technology but it is still expensive. It is expensive and not fuel efficient to build a diesel engine that is under 7 liters and still makes over 1000 lb-ft of torque. Even if the “technology” is developed and half ton trucks get 35mpg’s, who can afford a $75,000 truck, not me, I’m not spending that type of money on a depreciating asset. I don’t know the answer but when you have the oil industry and the government “fighting” you end up with $4-5 a gallon gas.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back