Caribou Gear Tarp

Buying American again.

I cannot tell folks how to run a business,but I will not buy crap made overseas anymore. Everything is made elsewhere.
No more crap Wranglers or Levis. No more crap boots,socks or anything if I can help it.
Screw the Chinese! The Mexican factory with American tax write offs.

I have no problem buying foreign if it is quality goods,with quality workers.Like Lowa boots. Zeiss,Leica...

But this has just gotten out of hand. For the buck,the profit.They have sold their soles...........lol

I just ordered some American Made Jeans ( backoredered) and might try a shirt or t, maybe order more,if I could talk to a human there. They e mail....

Looked at Origin or Jocko jeans ,but $124 for jeans? and you cannot talk to anyone,e mail.

Might try some of the few boots still made here,but only a few styles and no hunting hikers really.
I sure like my Lowa's now....2 years every day wear and the rand is wearing some. My Lowa hunt boots hardy get worn.

Any one else fed up?
Love to buy American if at all possible -- but it gets harder everyday**

I was once told there can only be so many chiefs per 1000 Indians.
SO should I ask is a factory job a factory job?
Do we want to manufacture/develop socks or semiconductors?
Our local economic drivers (Boise, ID) are Micron technology, Real estate, and now Amazon's warehouse and shipping. We previously manufactured HP computers and printers. It hurt this valley to lose HP.

I say that to say this. We need to develop and educate youth!
I know for a fact that many of the higher paying engineering, scientific and product development jobs at Micon are being filled by foreign citizens. The US is simply behind in education and cannot meet the demand for these types of jobs.

20211214_084914.jpg

Our local economic drivers (Boise, ID) are Micron technology, Real estate, and now Amazon's warehouse and shipping. We previously manufactured HP computers and printers. It hurt this valley to lose HP.

I know for a fact that many of the higher paying engineering, scientific and product development jobs at Micon are being filled by foreign citizens. The US is simply behind in education and cannot meet the demand for these types of jobs.

View attachment 205375
1639498049000.png

I cannot tell folks how to run a business,but I will not buy crap made overseas anymore. Everything is made elsewhere.
No more crap Wranglers or Levis. No more crap boots,socks or anything if I can help it.
Screw the Chinese! The Mexican factory with American tax write offs.

I have no problem buying foreign if it is quality goods,with quality workers.Like Lowa boots. Zeiss,Leica...

But this has just gotten out of hand. For the buck,the profit.They have sold their soles...........lol

I just ordered some American Made Jeans ( backoredered) and might try a shirt or t, maybe order more,if I could talk to a human there. They e mail....

Looked at Origin or Jocko jeans ,but $124 for jeans? and you cannot talk to anyone,e mail.

Might try some of the few boots still made here,but only a few styles and no hunting hikers really.
I sure like my Lowa's now....2 years every day wear and the rand is wearing some. My Lowa hunt boots hardy get worn.

Any one else fed up?
Yes. Me. It is quite difficult but i am trying my best to not purchase anything Chinese, i think this is very important for our country.
Although it is not easy.
A pellet grill is on my list right now and most of the popular brands are Chinese made, but not going there.
Still shopping.

Last edited:
IDK... the woman in our family might disagree. They all own a pair or six of Frye's
Works for me :love: ---and--with Christmas coming up you might want to order a nice pair of boots for each of the women in your family--just a thought;)
I'm feeling the load of the guilt too Europe!

Mine is that Swedish custom built 338 Lapua I got to shoot once...and I could really do a commercial for Toyota Landcruiser right, here in Pie Town.

My guilt over my glass maker choices is water off my back.
As a single man, you had my attention with "mine is that Swedish "--but then I read the rest of the sentence . ;)

Seriously, I understand, very nice rifle. And, thank you for understanding my vehicle choice and I understand yours :)

Hank, sometimes it is funny talking to those younger than us. I have a great grandson that told me that one of the best things America ever invented is pizza. I just didn't have the heart to tell him differently, and the pizza he was eating, was made in America;) In fact when it comes to fast food, we ( Americans ) might own that one, hands down. Wilm1313, could you do me a favor and check that out for me

Works for me :love: ---and--with Christmas coming up you might want to order a nice pair of boots for each of the women in your family--just a thought;)
Good gosh how many is enough!

I honestly learned long ago that I do not have what it takes to buy clothes/shoes for my wife or sister, my mom can take care of herself!

Thanks T bone! That is great news!. They even show my Caminos after a make over. Cool. I was going to do deep research on Lowas today.
Seems almost wrong to me to work in them. The soles are still like new due to no concrete walking these days,but the tops are hurting.
Off topic,but: if someone thought those Lowas were needing a rebuild I wonder what they would think of some of mine. My caminos definitely look worse than that and I rarely think they need cleaned let alone rebuilt

Good gosh how many is enough!

I honestly learned long ago that I do not have what it takes to buy clothes/shoes for my wife or sister, my mom can take care of herself!
Happy wife happy life. Mine will have 2 pairs under the tree. I have no Idea how she plans to store them in that overstuffed closet unless I loose a little more of my corner.
Honestly, I don't care as long as she is happy.

My husband ask me that ---once. I ask him the same thing about firearms and he never ask again ;)

He knew he far out spent me ( his firearms vs my shoes/boots )--but I caught up on vehicles ;)
For the longest time, my wife's boots were the most expensive thing we'd bought as a married couple (excluding cars and our house) and that included my one and only hunting rifle.

However, I've since surpassed that, but not considerably. Luckily she doesn't overly like "stuff" of any make or model. god help my BIL though, he's done for, my sis has very nice taste in "stuff", and knows that you simply MUST have a boot for every occasion!

I would really like to try these

Those are great boots, but... just to add to the issue, White's is owned by Danner, which is owned by LaCrosse Footwear, Inc, which is owned by ABC Mart which is a Japanese footwear manufacture/retailer. As always, it's a tangled web.

Nice boots, though.

View attachment 205375
If that's Monica from Yellowstone...well, rathist

I'm feeling the load of the guilt too Europe!

Mine is that Swedish custom built 338 Lapua I got to shoot once...and I could really do a commercial for Toyota Landcruiser right, here in Pie Town.

My guilt over my glass maker choices is water off my back.
What guilt...US distributors have employees.

View attachment 205375
Aspiring to be your best is great and if an education brings your best once again great.

For way too many an education is beyond their abilities. Those kids need a good “factory job”. A good tradesman, hell an average tradesman is a godsend these days. We need more efforts put towards promotion of both manufacturing and trades.
As it is I feel like I am being taxed to support families who have been written out of the American economy. Paying an extra 15%-20% for an American made product to save 15%-20% of my wages seems like a pretty good trade. This is of course a bit simplistic but can’t be too far off.

Aspiring to be your best is great and if an education brings your best once again great.

For way too many an education is beyond their abilities.
A lot of the following is rhetorical.

I'm assuming you ment a higher education. I agree that not everyone has the intelligence to be an engineer or software developer myself included.
However I disagree with how such a large portion of the U.S. population ends up that way vs other countries. I personally believe culture has a lot to do with intelligence.
I don't think the average U.S. parent is doing enough with their young children. I think a lot of brain power is being left on the table.
How often do we read to our toddler's?
Did your preschooler walk into the first day of class knowing how to count to 100, sing the abc's and do basic addition and subtraction?
What percentage of kiddos do?
What percentage has been babysat by screens up until school?

How was the child's nutrition during brain development? Is their brain made out of soda and French fries?

Why does a childs intelligence parallel a families economic class? I acknowledge genetics plays a role but I doubt it is because they were all born with less potential perhaps they were shaped by their environment.

After they start school why do we stop teaching our kids at home? What signals does that send to them about education.
Does the average family have the time/ability to do the above anymore?

I don't know.

Nothing wrong with tradesmen or factory workers I have done both. But do we really want a higher percentage of our country employed in factories and under educated?
Lastly why is the average professional tradesmen so f-ing poor at their job? I know a lot of tradesmen who are idiots. Perhaps some education would have benefits beyond job titles.

As it is I feel like I am being taxed to support families who have been written out of the American economy. Paying an extra 15%-20% for an American made product to save 15%-20% of my wages seems like a pretty good trade. This is of course a bit simplistic but can’t be too far off.
In 100 years will the US make more progress on this by educating youth or by buying American?

P.S. I realize It is hard to take me seriously on education given my poor writing and english.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back