Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Buying American again.

hank4elk

I cannot tell folks how to run a business,but I will not buy crap made overseas anymore. Everything is made elsewhere.
No more crap Wranglers or Levis. No more crap boots,socks or anything if I can help it.
Screw the Chinese! The Mexican factory with American tax write offs.

I have no problem buying foreign if it is quality goods,with quality workers.Like Lowa boots. Zeiss,Leica...

But this has just gotten out of hand. For the buck,the profit.They have sold their soles...........lol

I just ordered some American Made Jeans ( backoredered) and might try a shirt or t, maybe order more,if I could talk to a human there. They e mail....

Looked at Origin or Jocko jeans ,but $124 for jeans? and you cannot talk to anyone,e mail.

Might try some of the few boots still made here,but only a few styles and no hunting hikers really.
I sure like my Lowa's now....2 years every day wear and the rand is wearing some. My Lowa hunt boots hardy get worn.

Any one else fed up?

I agree with the sentiment, but it's just not realistic. How many people can afford a Zeiss spotting scope? Not many. I do not buy Vortex for that reason, I buy Leupold. But, the average person doesn't have the time or money needed to make sure that everything we pick up in a store is American made. Also, I don't think that American workers make everything needed by American consumers. If you are limiting your choices to American made only you're left with very few choices and high prices. Our global economy just isn't made that way anymore.

One can live here and be here.
I have Leupold. But ....I use Zeiss,Leica now and will never need to replace them,unless I lose them.

It's your global economy,not mine. I have always refused to be Average too.

Everyone has tons of gear that is redundant or goes unused in a year.
Save & buy 1 pair of Zeiss glasses instead.

I have bins of redundant worn hunting crap,pants,shirts etc. Junk. Some new from Cabellas,junk.
I still have wool shirts & sweaters dad gave me,40 years ago.American made.

There’s lots of quality brands out there if you look to other disciplines..

I cannot tell folks how to run a business,but I will not buy crap made overseas anymore. Everything is made elsewhere.
No more crap Wranglers or Levis. No more crap boots,socks or anything if I can help it.
Screw the Chinese! The Mexican factory with American tax write offs.

I have no problem buying foreign if it is quality goods,with quality workers.Like Lowa boots. Zeiss,Leica...

But this has just gotten out of hand. For the buck,the profit.They have sold their soles...........lol

I just ordered some American Made Jeans ( backoredered) and might try a shirt or t, maybe order more,if I could talk to a human there. They e mail....

Looked at Origin or Jocko jeans ,but $124 for jeans? and you cannot talk to anyone,e mail.

Might try some of the few boots still made here,but only a few styles and no hunting hikers really.
I sure like my Lowa's now....2 years every day wear and the rand is wearing some. My Lowa hunt boots hardy get worn.

Any one else fed up?
Good luck with your cause.

Fed up? not really. Quality in the garment industry as a whole has improved over the last 50 yrs while costs have stayed low (not "gone down" in nominal terms but certainly in real terms). Efficiency is the goal of capitalism. I'm not sure I want the US to be the leading producer of socks and underwear. If we make stuff, I would like to see us make more semi-conductors and computers. And definitely make more scientists and engineers.

My dad was just taking to me about this. He was saying Apple just inked some deal with China for 200B. I don't watch much for news or anything but it did cause him and my mom to have a change of heart of towards the iPhone. Not sure if these kinds of things will have much impact on the millennials or Gen z people but looking at tech that's out there. I would have to think 95 percent of it comes from China. Maybe people will actually think about that.... most likely not.

Pretty wild stuff gong on in the world anymore, it's a real pain in the ass to be an equipment salesman anymore.

They were made here,chips,just a few years ago they shut the Rio Rancho plant down.Profits still soar...for what? Who?

You can have your world economy,capitalism sh!t . Efficiency? LOL!!!! Maybe your panties are made better? Quality? LOL

I will gladly support US merino wool & jeans,cotton manufacturers.
Am a proud owner of a Marsupial bino harness now,made in AZ.

I will never own an apple product. I doubt I will get another cell phone when this one goes either. My cell service must come from china now too.........crap.

My dad was just taking to me about this. He was saying Apple just inked some deal with China for 200B. I don't watch much for news or anything but it did cause him and my mom to have a change of heart of towards the iPhone. Not sure if these kinds of things will have much impact on the millennials or Gen z people but looking at tech that's out there. I would have to think 95 percent of it comes from China. Maybe people will actually think about that.... most likely not.

Pretty wild stuff gong on in the world anymore, it's a real pain in the ass to be an equipment salesman anymore.
er,sales weasels have always been a pain.

I've been trying to buy American as much as possible lately. Started getting t-shirts from All American Clothing Co., got some American made flip-flops from there too (looks like they sell made in USA Wranglers there). I like Origin, but they're definitely selling the cool factor - I have a pair of their boots that I wear daily for casual/office work. I'm keeping my Lowas for hunting though. I get kitchen/meat processing stuff from webstaurantstore and you can search by made in the USA on there. Yesterday I was trying to find sheets made in the US, but everywhere I found wanted to $150+/set for twin sized, had to draw the line there...

Good luck with your cause.

Fed up? not really. Quality in the garment industry as a whole has improved over the last 50 yrs while costs have stayed low (not "gone down" in nominal terms but certainly in real terms). Efficiency is the goal of capitalism. I'm not sure I want the US to be the leading producer of socks and underwear. If we make stuff, I would like to see us make more semi-conductors and computers. And definitely make more scientists and engineers.
I'm with you. I see no need to make everything ourselves, but we absolutely should be the leaders in tech, biz, and banking, maybe aero and auto as well.

I did see that TSC is building a large plant in AZ and our semi-conductor support system is growing rapidly, same with AI tech.

I don't see anyone pumping the Tesla's... certainly more American made than most "American Made" vehicles.

Just looked at Filson and those danner Crags...only size 8,girls shoes.
The ex used to get sheets & towels from an outlet store and they were american,but long gone now.
Tried some indian towels,can't even dry Rio with them.Save those for guests....LOL

Found that Danner is once again making those boots here,under a new name. They were Cascades. They morfed into duty boots and such.
They make the full leather & half cordura models . $390....I paid $ 165 for mine 30+ years ago. Last pair I bought was 2005? 4 sets of soles before they started cracking & leaking.

I looked at the Origin boots but I'm not fond of loggers or shop boots anymore.I need hikers or multi use for comfort and the terrain here.
Look at Keen once in a while but those huge toes....just keep me away...lol

I asked my BIL what he will do when the best fruit & farm land in the bay area is paved? Your kids gonna eat silicone chips? He said they would figure it out. He was senior language systems designer for HP for 35 yrs.

They never figured it out and they live large in Palm Springs,eating crap from? now.

We do excell at crooks here now tho...

Look at Keen once in a while
Keen's "Made in the USA" is a dubious claim. The uppers are cut and sewn in Asia (Vietnam) and injected outsoles are applied in Portland.

Also- Danner never stopped building boots in the US. Yes, many are made in Asia (mostly Vietnam now), but the US Factory has never ceased or even slowed. In fact, they built a new and bigger factory about 10 years ago. Also- it's a union shop.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back