Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Burning It Up!

Big Sky

I tried a new art medium this morning. I've always wanted to try a wood burning, but have just never done it. I finally forced myself to sit down and give it a try this morning. While a long, long, long ways from perfect I thought it was a pretty decent first attempt. If nothing else I like golden eagles and it gave me an excuse to stare at one for a couple hours.
GoldenEagleWB_zps33fd6249.jpg

Pyrography, what a cool medium...looks damn difficult. Nice work initial attempt or anytime IMO.

Thank you everyone. It was kind'a tricky to get used to, and I'm sure there is still plenty to learn. I'm looking forward to exploring what I can or cannot do with this medium.

Your *burner* have different tips? Been close to 45 years since I did that, but am impressed what you did on the first go!

Yep, sure looks like something I would hang on my wall. How about a whitetail? May be interested in working out a deal!

idnative1948, yes I do, but I don't have one that I can vary the temperature. I'm going to try and buy one that does very soon.

DaveN, you know a whitetail might be fun. Let me see what I can come up with.

Uh, looks pretty damn fantastic for your first attempt.

Although after viewing some of your other stuff I can hardly say I'm surprised.

But am certainly impressed!

Dave N, well the whitetail proved to be pretty tough. That and I'm still really figuring out how to work this wood burning tool. At least it mostly looks like a whitetail.
WTWoodBurn_zps907c94c0.jpg

Last edited:
Boy, you must really be a picky sumbeech! That deer looks great. What size is it and would you consider letting it go? We remodeled our house this summer and it would look great in the "rustic lodge" we now have. I've got 3 whitetail mounts hanging along with my bear, and LOTS of whitetail artwork from various artists all signed and numbered. Sheds, muzzleloader, turkey fan, Terry Redlin plates, etc... all on display. The wife likes your deer as well. If you would let it go, or want to do another for "practice" and see what turns out better, just give me a yell. I would like the first shot at it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back