PEAX Equipment

Bucks/Does

Moosie

Grand poopa
Who's Whacked/Shot what ?

I know back east a guy can shoot like 48 does a day, or somethnig like that.. WHAT I want to know is, how many BUCKS have you taken. Actualy lets break it out further , How many does up to 2 points (4 points total) have ya taken. And how many bucks, at least 3x2 or bigger have ya taken.

I'll post my results in a bit.. I actually need to look it up.

Wow, good thing I'm still young and I'v3
only hunted in one state! Some of these
guys are so old...er, experienced, I'm sure
they won't even be able to remember!

Here's my list for 16 years of hunting:
(Brow tines not counted)

1- 6x6
7- 4x4
3- 3x4
1- 3x3
2- 2x3
1- 2x2
5- does

We're never allowed to kill more than one
buck a year, but some years we were allowed
to take a doe in addition to a buck.

Oak

Rough guestimate...
About 18 or 19 4X4 or bigger. Lotsa little one between 18-23 inches wide, a dozen or so between 24 and 32 inches.

Geeesh, You expect me to remember ALL the deer I have killed since 1965? What are you, crazy? lol

If I had to venture a guess, I would say around 15 bucks, the largest being a 9 point (4 X 5 for you western guys and gals) that scores 120 B & C. I have killed 1 eight pointer, about 6 or 7 with 6 points (little dinkers), the rest were 5's, 4's, 3's or spikes. I still have the monster rack from the first buck I killed in 1965, a whopping 5" long on one side and 6" on the other.

Now, I just toss the racks in the dumpster.
Last year I killed a 6 pointer at 420 yards (one tine was all but broke off) and cut the head off, tossed it in the dumpster.

Does? I would venture a guess at around 100 or so. It is rare that I don't kill doe or 2 or 3 or more, every year.

Don

I bite, just make sure not to laugh.

1 doe-Shotgun
1 9pt-Shotgun, it was first and still largest buck to date
1-8pt-bow
2-6pt-one bow, one shotgun
1-5pt-rifle
2-4pt-first with bow, one shotgun
1-spike-shotgun
1-button buck-shotgun

These are all eastern count. My 'best' year was in '96 when I killed three of the bucks.

Well if I were to say how many...no one here would probably believe it...so moosie I will keep it to my self. :eek:

But now that meathead has join our ranks...he can back me up...I have been out recruiting. :D

About 2 dz bucks and one doe ( aint legal to shoot does around my parts, had to go to Utah to get her )

What, an invitation to brag!?!?!?
Ok. These are whietails only, eastern count, exept for one biiiig eared Nebraska muley doe, on my one and only mule deer trip so far.

1-10pt.
1-9pt. 142" something, my best yet
3-8pt.
2-7pt.
3-puny 6 points
1-4pt
6 does

No real eye poppers for around here, but some good ones. :D :D :D

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 04-01-2002 14:06: Message edited by: ridgetop ]</font>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back