MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bucket List Trip done

Try to make a stop at the Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature (Museum of Hunting and Nature) while you’re there. 62 Rue des Archives in le Marais.
I will add that being in Musee d’Orsey on a sunny afternoon was as memorable as any moment spent in Paris. I also trekked to a couple of apartments where Ernest Hemingway lived then had a few drinks at Deux Magots as people-watched.

Body deodorant and daily bathing are optional in Paris it seems and many a time on my hikes a gorgeous woman with long legs would be walking towards me then as we passed I had my fantasy crushed from odor. Hey, a bit of funk might blow some air up your skirt when you grew up on a farm but even I cringed…I suppose that would be incentive to develop amazing perfumes.

Finally, look 3 times before walk across a street as the risk flow is opposite of an American street. Right, left, right…or die. Pedestrian fatalities are much higher in Paris than NYC, or were.

Bon chance!!

Excellent thread, my neighbours did it at a similar age to you, loved every bit. As a flat lander I would struggle with the altitude, although I did go up 14,265' in Colorado one day, but my wife wouldn't cope with what you did.
Whats next on the bucket list?
Cheers
Richard

ps, apart from the stunning, amazing scenery I did notice the cammo:LOL:

Day 8 Lobuche to Gorak Shep and on to base camp. This day was an ass kicker. Up the Thukla pass, stop in Gorka Shep and drop all gear not necessar, refill water and push on to EBC.
IMG_8831.jpegIMG_8813.jpg

IMG_8833.jpeg
IMG_8834.jpegIMG_8837.jpeg
IMG_8848.jpeg
Gorka Shep sitting above 17,000 feet.
IMG_8850.jpg
IMG_8863.jpeg
Base camp in View!!!!

IMG_8872.jpeg

Last edited:
Congratulations and great job @Nemont
Did you feel that your body handled it well once you got there? Any issues?
What is next for ticking off the bucket list?

Congratulations and great job @Nemont
Did you feel that your body handled it well once you got there? Any issues?
What is next for ticking off the bucket list?
After spending all winter in Mazatlan Nexico at sea level I was concerned about acclimating but honestly I felt great almost the entire trek. Slight headache at 16,000 feet but that was it. Souple of ibuprofen and I was good. My O2 saturation was always 90% or higher.

After the third day I felt like I had my legs under me and could trek all day without being sore or tired. I did Mountain Tough and leaned on them for work outs and it paid off.

The morning after base camp there is an optional trek up Kala Patthar my body told me I was ready to descend. Nobody in my group did it.

IMG_9134.jpeg
I wish my words and pics could do justice to the Khumbu region and its beauty but that seems impossible. This trip ended up being far more than I expected and leaves me at a loss to explain a lot of it. The people are amazing, the sights and vistas are beyond description. I learned so much on this trip that can’t put it easily into words.

Next is a trip down the Nile River.

Next is a trip down the Nile River.
My wife did that trip close to thirty years ago. She had a small pocket thermometer. No one else in the group had one, so people were always asking her how hot it was. She gave it to the guide as part of the tip. The guide was thrilled because most Egyptians have no need for a thermometer as temperature is always HOT, a constant 122 when she was there, but the tourists want to know the temperature.

Job well done. The smile was priceless . I see some tents In The back ground I would imagine climbing season is about done

All I can say is, Wow! What a trip! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back