Bucket List Trip done

here’s wishing you every blessing and success! I can’t wait to see more pix!

Different kind of adventure. Had no idea it is that remote to access Everest Base Camp. Thanks for sharing, looking forward to more!

IMG_8251.jpegIMG_8263.jpegIMG_8301.jpegIMG_8265.jpeg

From Kathmandu took a van ride to an airstrip at Rameche which is an adventure in itself. Only 60 miles but it took 4 hours but thank god it was dark so nobody could see what terrain we drove through. Although it was only a 20 minute flight it was white knuckles . The plane takes off to the south but has to make a 180 to head north. Nothing between the cabin and cockpit so I could hear the alarms squawking, “terrain!!! terrain!!! pull up!!! Pull up!!!” And then “Bank angle!! Bank Angle!!!” Most of the first 10 minutes of flight. Lukla airport has a short runway and you land going uphill and then take off going down hill. I have video but I cannot post it yet.

All expeditions start in Lukla
IMG_8315.jpeg

018cb385-1335-4b0f-bee1-1b54ccb19b22.jpegIMG_8299.jpegIMG_8341.jpegIMG_8344.jpeg

Day one of the trek was May 2nd, 2023. 8.5 miles from Lukla to Jorselle which is actually 200 feet lower in elevation but the whole day was gaining and losing elevation and it rained all dayIMG_8325.jpeg
Yeah, me too.
But you aren't going to oil up and show off the bod are you?
uh no plans of ever doing that. I am meeting my girlfriend in Paris for two weeks but I won’t be posting any of those pics either.

Back