Caribou Gear Tarp

Buck Round Up (Pics)

Big Sky

Last week I posted a photograph of the mule deer buck I killed this past season. I've been busy and trying to get a few more heads mounted up. Basically the heads that are nice but not big enough to get sent to the taxidermist get put on a wooden pedestal. Here is the fruits of my labors.

2004 Mule Deer Buck.
TroyBuck2004_zps9b202b4d.jpg

2005 Whitetail Buck (I call this my radio-active buck). His antlers were so strange that he looked like he grew up near radiation of some kind. Super cool buck though and I LOVE the FREAKS!
TroyBuck2005_zps0675a9f2.jpg

2010 Whitetail Buck. One very pretty and even 4x4 buck. He was the first whitetail I ever killed up in an alpine environment as opposed to crop land.
TroyBuck2010_zps8ca4dfeb.jpg

2011 Whitetail Buck. Here is the oldest buck I've ever killed. He didn't have a lot of height, but had good mass. His teeth on his bottom jaw were worn down and his front teeth were completely gone. I still need to put a finish on the base, but will get to that soon. Hope some you enjoyed the little walk down memory lane.
TroyBuck2011_zps94df7056.jpg

First off thanks for the positive comments everyone. It was a fun project and it's nice to have them more or less done.

mduc8, no I don't make bases. I have a friend that makes them. He's an old guy and it's about all I can do to get him to make me one or two a year. Sure do appreciate it when he does kick one out the door in my direction.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back