Buck-eye and Son Score in Montana...

Moosie

Grand poopa
I was Emailed these pics and Will let Buck-eye tell a Story that goes with them.

Attachments

• Dscf0278.jpg
    Dscf0278.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 323
  • Dscf0288.jpg
    Dscf0288.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 319
  • Dscf0291.jpg
    Dscf0291.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 309
  • Dscf0318.jpg
    Dscf0318.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 301
  • Dscf0323.jpg
    Dscf0323.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 291
HEre are a Couple More .... Kudos, Looks like you boys Scored well !!

Attachments

• Dscf0328.jpg
    Dscf0328.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 286
  • Dscf0330.jpg
    Dscf0330.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 282
Mt. hunt

8 days spent in the wilderness first elk hunt for my son. Four hour ride into camp easy trail, next day ride to spike camp, help set that up.Night before opening day (sept.15 ) heard bull most of night,caught up to him at daylight, called him in and son filled first elk tag 45min into season.Next 4 days only game outside of park are grizzly bears, up close and personal twice within 30 yards of grizz. What a grizz sound like when they crawl, you know it when you hear one!! On last day of hunt tied horses up at 6:30 still hunting heard bull at 7:45 called to him saw him for about 3sec. and then disappeared. Told guide that was a herd bull , he did not thick as they very seldom ran into herd bulls discussed the fact that his bugle was to deep sounding and the big fellow didnt want to fight and lose his girl friends. Started walking again until 10;30 sat for a rest and snack got ready to head for top of mountain and then saw cow and calf below us , son saw bull then one bugle. Bull had small amount of cows and calves. They were coming up the mountain just to our left perfect shot as they passed a clearing, only bull just disappears! see him 75yds pass us as he is headed up mountain at this time son sees satalite bull 300 yds behind herd. I see cows switchbacking up mountain and for fallen tree for shooting rest. This time bull does not get past!! Sure would rather be lucky than good. my second elk hunt in wilderness and first time for son 2 nice bulls for flatlanders from east. Hunting with son is BEST, I am very luck man pacemaker installed Aug. of 04 and then elk hunting wilderness of Mt. in 05 Wish all Hunttalk friends could have same enjoyment elk hunting with son or daughter and then getting 2 nice bull

Congrat's... is that Hellroaring country? What outfitter?

Thank's and way to go!

outfitter was sloughcreek outfitters traihead left from yellowstone and followed sloughcreek into montana 4 hour ride very easy trail see alot of trout fisherman first part of trail. guns cannot be packed in from yellowstone they come in from daisy pass and any game goes out through daisy pass then picked up at livingston, Mt.

Buckeye, your story was fine....this ain't a literature site! Nice bulls, congrats on a good hunt. One less for the wolves to get.

Yetty said:
That was the worst story I ever read. Nice bull though. Don't get to carried away with photos from different angles.

WTF??? Great story & pics. Welcome to Hunttalk Buckeye....you too Yetty.

Great story!!! Lots of memories there, that will last you and your boy a lifetime. Congrats on some great bulls.

Awesome bull. Not sure I know or want to know why a grizz would crawl and i sure don't want to be close enough to hear it.

If that is the Yetty of old..aw chit, pull up a stump, tighten your suspenders and hold on. Moosie can hunttalk handle 1000 post per hour?

Back