PEAX Equipment

Bruiser bobcat

BbarC

Had a cold front coming in last nite, so a bud and I decided it would be a good calling nite. Sure was, we called in and shot a big ol tom cat . We realized he was a good one but didnt really realize how good til we got home and weighed him... 36 1/2 lbs. Called a couple more but the brush was so thick we didnt get a shot. The coons were really out too and we took a "pick up load". We usually take a few gray fox when calling is good , but none last nite. Last nite will provide enough fur money to make a few more trips.
Ol Bob

36 1/2 pounds is a pig for sure! Like to see a pic of him! We have taken a couple in the 30-36 pound range over the last 25 years. Biggest I've seen of a friends was 42. Hear rumors of bigger, but they are hard to swallow!

Congrats on a dang good night!

Congrats Bob! Whats a big cat hide worth this year? Next time snap a picture for us non-Texans who don't get to see many cats. ;)
Doug

Sorry didnt get some digital pics, but camera is kapoot. I used to buy fur for several years and the biggest I even saw was one I bought from a kid and it weighed 42 lbs. The one we got haqd been killing baby goats so he was pretty fat. Fur buyer would only give $100 so we skinned him taxidermy style and I will try to sell his tanned hide at my store.or mount him later. I have a freezer full of coons, foxes, and ringtail cats ready for fur buyer in a couple weeks. They only give bout $5-6 for coons {on the cob], $12-15 for greys, and $12-15 for ringtails

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back