Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Brother's NM and Kansas Mulies

nmtaxi

Finally got my brother out hunting again after years of him doing very little of it. He had never killed a buck bigger than a forkie in his younger days, and said he'd never even seen a decent buck while hunting.

We picked up some leftover muzzleloader tags for southern NM, but only had a short time to hunt. After seeing this buck the night before the opener, he was able to seal the deal on it the next morning. For the tag and the amount of time we had, we considered this a pretty nice buck, and his biggest to date by far...

JD1_zpsgq4sr2fd.jpg

Then last week we headed to Kansas where we both had muzzleloader whitetail tags, but he had managed to pull a muley stamp with his. Needless to say, he managed to upgrade from his previously biggest buck ever...

jdd4_zpsjwukmyra.jpg

jdd1_zpseaidkzrm.jpg

That last muley has some big bases.

Haha. That's Oldie and Ugly right there. That buck was a tank with a real boney spine. Teeth were pretty worn down.

The deer are nice but I bet the brother time was even better. Congratulations to you both.

Excellent work getting the brother back into it. Those are some dandy bucks.

This inspires me to throw out the invite to my three brothers again...

Congrats to him and thanks for adding one to our ranks. Good huntin'

It was definitely a good time. Hunting with family is always better. Since my dad died and my son went off to the Marine Corp., I was a little lost on who I would hunt with. I'm glad my brother decided to hop back into the game.

jdd2_zpse1xtmrf6.jpg

Back