Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Breaking Game Laws THEN Uploading It To YouTube?

Got check by a CO today. First time ever checked while hunting or fishing. She just wanted to see our tags and license showing archery permit. Did not check our nocks. (Or broadheads)

Got check by a CO today. First time ever checked while hunting or fishing. She just wanted to see our tags and license showing archery permit. Did not check our nocks. (Or broadheads)
Is there a broadhead law in ID? (I've never hunted ID)

I got in trouble one time inadvertently violating a game law.. The magistrate clearly told me ignorance of the law was no excuse.. He didn't cut me any slack even though the Game warden vouched that he believed I didn't know...

Im waiiting to hear what FnG has to say and am on board to pitch in to pay any fine if one is given
This issue just goes to show big fins first class act to call and get ahead of this
I use lighted knocks here in Pa and before the virus was going to Idaho this year and I dont think I would have caught the law in the regs book either so would have been hiking around with a quiver full myself
this is def a good learning moment for myself

One thing about idaho too is the archery permit and main license, and if you're out of state, they don't mail it too you if you order it online. So either screenshot the email or print it off your order with the numbers on it.

It is unfortunate that the technocrap arms race has made hunting and fishing regulation so complicated. Guess we have ourselves to blame for that. Not my problem because I keep it simple. Very simple. No lighted anything. No trail cam. No ATV. No baiting. Hell, I would drop my 1979 shell goose decoys off at Salvation Army if there was any jump shooting to be had around here. I now have a new 3x9 scope on my WWII Springfield because the old 3x Weaver finally gave up the ghost. No lighted reticle though. If it's too dark to see the crosshairs, it's too dark to find a blood trail.

Anyway, very adult to own up to this oversight. Sometimes stuff falls through the cracks (especially when there's a lot of them). Do what you can to make it right. Please, let's not compare this class act to Ted Nugent. We're talking multiple violaions in several jurisdictions for that loudmouth poacher. Disgusting that NRA kept him on board. But not surprising I guess. And Jeff Coyles the duck call/video guru who did federal prison time for countless disgusting violations on both sides of the border (including shooting park geese in Colorado with his bow so he could chop off banded legs). What a loser! Randy is dealing with this error honorably and professionally. I hope the authorities take that into consideration. In Idaho a Mormon lawyer will help. Seriously.

Last edited:
@Big Fin did anything ever come of this with Idaho Fish and Game?
Not yet. I am just in the door from thirteen days in Wyoming. No emails, no phone calls. Marcus also self-reported when he got home from Alaska, and to my knowledge, he has not heard anything.

I suspect with hunting seasons in full swing, the LEO folks have some higher priorities and they will get to this one when seasons start to slow down. We're not going anywhere, so this is a pretty easy thing for them to follow up on, whenever they have the time.

Not yet. I am just in the door from thirteen days in Wyoming. No emails, no phone calls. Marcus also self-reported when he got home from Alaska, and to my knowledge, he has not heard anything.

I suspect with hunting seasons in full swing, the LEO folks have some higher priorities and they will get to this one when seasons start to slow down. We're not going anywhere, so this is a pretty easy thing for them to follow up on, whenever they have the time.
Thanks for the response. I’m hoping nothing comes of it and if this thread wouldn’t have happened, I would’ve been ticked for a lighted nock and a mechanical broadhead if I had hunted Idaho. Being that I’m in Ennis, I’ve definitely been considering Idaho

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back