Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Breaking Game Laws THEN Uploading It To YouTube?

I’m gonna guess him being hard on himself for an honest mistake is worse than any tiny punishment an Idaho CO would have given him.

CO’s in general use pretty good judgement on things like this and most likely would have just informed him of the law and moved on. Putting out content as a business just puts you guys under a microscope. Honest mistake, no harm, no foul.

Can anyone answer why they are illegal? What's the unfair advantage? Seriously asking

Its the tipping point of too much technology with archery...

In denying allowing the petition requesting rulemaking for lighted nocks in archery hunts, commissioners noted that they considered the issue in 2014, and determined it was important to maintain existing rules regarding primitive weapons for hunting, such as archery and muzzleloaders. Commissioners reiterated at their May 14 meeting that it remains the Commission’s position to limit technological advances for that type of equipment.

Just out of curiosity, how many hunters would contact the fish and game and "turn themselves in" in this situation or just ride it out and hope they don't get busted? Especially knowing that the violation is publicly known.

The “road hunting” disturbed me more than the lighted knocks! :LOL: Loved how they made fun of themselves for doing it. looked like they were having a lot of fun. Hate that a simple mistake tainted the episode.

Well crap. I didn't know this law in Idaho. So at least maybe consider his mistake as an educational tool. I leave for Idaho Friday and now I need to tell my wife she needs to shoot some of her arrows without the lighted nocks since those have to stay home

Honest mistake. I've made plenty. A couple years ago I didn't have my hunters safety card on me and got a warning from the warden. My first season rifle hunting I didn't even wear hunters orange (that was silly...). Gotta be tough to keep up with different state's laws. Definitely think there should be more congruency with state laws.

I also see plenty of Youtube guys hunting Colorado with camo hoods over their orange hats. I assume that is illegal, right?

Wish Marcus, Randy and the FT team the best. If I was a warden, I'd give a warning and go fry some bigger fish.

Do you think Marcus voted yes or no?

Very well handled Randy and crew. Thumbs up! I think the OP could of handled this in a much better way also.Thumbs down!

At the suggestion of an LEO, I just called ID G&F HQ in Boise. Got the after hours message for Enforcement. Will call again tomorrow.
Solid advice and good move. Self reporting generally results in good will and respect with most of the LEOs I know. Maybe a citation, maybe a warning, but either way the sooner it gets taken care of the sooner everyone can move on.

I think any warden would tell him it isn’t the end of the world. Mistakes happen.

Mistakes happen when you are dealing with complex laws that change state by state. Having an operation that operates with many moving parts and multiple crews makes it that much more challenging. I appreciate the honesty and forthrightness with which this issue is being handled. It sounds like this is an inadvertent and unintentional error. Not that this excuses his lack of knowledge, but I view this like s speeding ticket. They broke the rules accidentally , are owning up to it, and I'm sure have a plan to address this going forward.

At the suggestion of an LEO, I just called ID G&F HQ in Boise. Got the after hours message for Enforcement. Will call again tomorrow.
Always better to be out in front of an issue rather than the other way around for sure. I think this instance defines the phrase "absence of malice" and I would wager a large chunk that nothing comes of this at all.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back