Caribou Gear Tarp

Bread makers

Nick87

So I know there is a few of you guys make bread here. The wife wants one for her birthday so that she can make her own bread sibce she can't have gluten anymore. Any suggestions on a good one?

I have a Black & Decker "All-in-One." Avoid it. Switches went out on mine. Made good bread ... when it worked.

Like many bread makers, ours sit in a corner of the kitchen counter under a lot clutter. It is a West Bend which we got at a thrift shop. I don't remember the brand of the first one my parents gifted to us. She wore it out.

Mrs45 is rightfully proud of her bread making skills and likes to do it in the over. When we had three teenage boys in the house, she would use the breadmaker to do all the mixing, but then punch it down and put it in loaf pans for the last rise and bake it in the oven.

Don't fall for it being easier and something you'll use. I onow of knowone that uses one after getting one. You still have to mix tye ingredients and find recipes, etc. Im not a fan of bread makers. Have had two over the years and both were given away after using each a dozen times... and we make bread once a week, very little time savings and the bread sucked. Making bread is a bit more steps to follow, and planning, but the bread is way, way better. The loafs out of a beadmaker have more pan crust than a regular loaf, and tend to get over cooked easier.

my oldest daughter used to use one right regular,,, then went to work and "poof"

me? I love fresh home baked bread, but limit that now - not as young as I once was

My wife has been gluten free for awhile and we’ve tried a lot recipes and a couple bread machines.

We currently have a Breville that we really like that was fairly expensive but has performed on par with its price. Whatever you buy, make sure it has a dedicated GF setting.

As far as recipes for it, this one has never let me down:

Go to King Arthur baking. They have the best bread machine. Also some of the best ingredients for baking you'll find.
Mother Earth News has a recipe book on making bread for everything and everyone and gluten free recipes.

Can't help with a maker.
I make bread multiple times a week.
I do it all by hand, not even with a mixer.
You name it I make it.
Loaf bread, quick bread like biskets.
Flatbread, Naan bread, fry bread.
Breadsticks, pizza crust, White, Wheat, Rye, Sourdough.
Sweet rolls, and pastries.
All by hand, the family loves it.
I probably forgot to mention I worked in a bakery for 33 years.

I've been married to my bread maker for almost 16 years. So I don't have any other reccomendations. When we got married she I told her I was going to buy a bread maker because I love homemade bread so much. She responded that she would make it for me and she has ever since. She does all types too.

I have a sunbeam. It works fine. That being said, it requires only a little more work and you can make much better bread by hand. There is a little learning curve, but not much more than using the bread machine correctly. Probably my last 10 homemade bread products have been by hand and the bread machine collects dust.

Iliac disease is actually very rare. Maybe get a test.
Yah her dad has it, she got tested and she has it she was really sick a few months back and they kept telling her long covid. After about the 3rd doctor one finally wanted to do there job. Two stomach ulcers and celiac disease. Yah long covid..what a crock of shit. Constantly monitoring the gluten free thing is a pain, accidentally put some seasoning on with it. She gets sick for like 3 days at a time.

Last edited:
My wife has been gluten free for awhile and we’ve tried a lot recipes and a couple bread machines.

We currently have a Breville that we really like that was fairly expensive but has performed on par with its price. Whatever you buy, make sure it has a dedicated GF setting.

As far as recipes for it, this one has never let me down:
Thanks for that.

You might as well send it and thank you.
1 cup bobs red mill gf flower
1 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons baking powder
Garlic salt to taste
Cajun seasoning to taste. (I use Riley’s Cajun seasoning, it’s made in Illinois)

Like this it makes a nice light breading which I like so you can still taste the fish. If you like a beer batter just add gluten free beer or club soda until it’s like pancake mix.

Fry in oil at 350.

It doesn’t get golden brown like some fish meals do, but it’s good.

1 cup bobs red mill gf flower
1 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons baking powder
Garlic salt to taste
Cajun seasoning to taste. (I use Riley’s Cajun seasoning, it’s made in Illinois)

Like this it makes a nice light breading which I like so you can still taste the fish. If you like a beer batter just add gluten free beer or club soda until it’s like pancake mix.

Fry in oil at 350.

It doesn’t get golden brown like some fish meals do, but it’s good.
Thanks buddy, we'll give it a try.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back