MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Boy That Was Fast! (Buck Down)

Big Sky

This is the fastest I've ever taken a deer during deer season. Even though the hunt has been open for a few days I was not able to get out until after work yesterday. I only hunted for about 1 hour and came across this buck. He's not the size BreaksRunner or Greenhorn kill, but he was good enough for me, and I am sure I would have regretted passing him up. The hunt was short, but the pack out was a whole 'nuther story. I had to call a friend to help pack it out. I deboned the buck in the dark and then we hiked out in a raging blizzard. It was super steep with a lot of very slippery side hilling. I am not exaggerating when I say had either of us fell the odds of surviving the fall were very slim. Fortunately we didn't fall. Made it back out to the pick up truck a little after 10pm no worse for wear.
TroyMuleDeerOct22BSM_zps5f6a4a8f.jpg

He'd be plenty good for me...nice buck....Cabin Fever is right some really nice bucks are droppin in Montana this year....keep it up.....:cool:

Big Sky, That storm/blizzard was the real deal here in the bozone. I bet in the breaks it was a calf killer. Glad you made it out ok. I would not have hesitated on that buck. Shoot!!

Thanks everyone. This buck didn't come out of the breaks country. It's actually the first buck I've personally taken out of the Little Belt mountain range. I've helped a number of other people kill bucks in the Little Belts but this is the first one I've ever let the air out of. The deer numbers in the Little Belts does leave a lot to be desired, but like most places in Montana, if one knows where to look deer can still be found.

Troy, Troy, Troy, EVERYBODY knows there are no deer in the Little Belts!

Also, clean out your inbox. I tried to send you a PM.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back