Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Bourbon Connoisseurs

$150 MSRP for this year’s Act. I paid $130 plus tax at High West. There’s some already posted on resell websites for $300-350. Craziness. I’ll keep one bottle, drink one and give the others as gifts.
It will be easier to find this year since they really mass produced it. They're predicting it will be around an extra few months this year.

High West whiskey was much better when they sourced from MGP. Their prices keep going up and quality keeps declining. This years Rendezvous is Meh for an 80$ bottle. The price for Campfire and Bourye is silly for what they are.

I’m a firm believer that whiskey aged at altitude and in cold climates doesn’t fare well hence why High West own distillate, Grand Teton, WY whiskey aren’t very good. YMMV.

High West whiskey was much better when they sourced from MGP. Their prices keep going up and quality keeps declining. This years Rendezvous is Meh for an 80$ bottle. The price for Campfire and Bourye is silly for what they are.

I’m a firm believer that whiskey aged at altitude and in cold climates doesn’t fare well hence why High West own distillate, Grand Teton, WY whiskey aren’t very good. YMMV.
Yeah, it feels a bit like they are switching to more of a mass produced product but still milking the “limited release” marketing and pricing. Their best ryes IMO were the ones that sourced from Barton, but I think they ran out of that 3-4 years ago. They’ve now gone to blending much younger whiskeys and it’s lost a bit of its original character. I’ve still got about half a bottle of the older Rendezvous rye that I’m rationing.

Yeah, it feels a bit like they are switching to more of a mass produced product but still milking the “limited release” marketing and pricing. Their best ryes IMO were the ones that sourced from Barton, but I think they ran out of that 3-4 years ago. They’ve now gone to blending much younger whiskeys and it’s lost a bit of its original character. I’ve still got about half a bottle of the older Rendezvous rye that I’m rationing.
Spot on. MWND is just rendezvous finished in a wine barrel. I won’t pay 150+ for it. Back when they were blends of well aged sourced whiskeys they were worth it.

I did just buy a Sweet Wheat today for 30$ and am smitten.

Interesting, I think their bourbon has gotten got better. I wasn't a huge fan of the American Prairie stuff, but tried the new one with the bighorn on the label, and thought it was better. I attributed it to switching to their own distillate, but maybe I am wrong.

I am interested to try the MWND from this year. Act 10 slacked a little from previous years; still good, but not maybe not $140 good. I was pretty impressed with the Highcountry single malt

Spot on. MWND is just rendezvous finished in a wine barrel. I won’t pay 150+ for it. Back when they were blends of well aged sourced whiskeys they were worth it.

I did just buy a Sweet Wheat today for 30$ and am smitten.

I have seen some Sweet Wheats out in the wild recently. 1792 is way underrated IMO. If you like wheaters, check out the Maker's 46 Cask Strength. It is great, and I am not a big wheated fan.

Redemption yes; Rendezvous no.

Redemption rye is still pure 95% rye juice from MGP and always has been.

Went to the cattleman’s dinner last weekend & got this at live auction. I overpaid at $60, but it’s good money for the cause. Some 4H kid will benefit at next years county fair. IMG_8946.jpeg

I picked this up in Texas this summer, saved it for the October deer hunt, if successful. Surprisingly good.
20231027_070943.jpg

This location is Prolly the single best thing in Costco, at least for me lol

Attachments

• IMG_3333.jpeg
    IMG_3333.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 30
For those of us with the nearest Costco in SLC (or other states where liquor sales are relegated to state liquor stores), we can only dream of such things! 😡
If it weren't for potential problems related to regulation, I'd gladly ship you a case or twelve. Sorry brother!

Back