Borrow or buy or?

Here is my update. I couldn't bring myself to use my buddies Omega without putting in the effort of at least taking the advice of a few here. I changed to a 209 primer conversion and changed out the sight to a fiber-optic ramp sight. I have grown to really like my Knight. Lightweight and simple.
I've put many rounds down range with various bore sized conicals and loads that I read about and were suggested. My brand new shoulder didn't like the 440gr Hydra-con with 120gn of Triple 7 at all.
I've settled on the following load.
Hornady Great Plains 385gn conical, 110gr Triple 7 with Win Triple 7 primers.
This is 100 yards yesterday (felt myself come off the gun on the high shot)
Will shoot more and test the range but feel 100 yards will be a comfortable max range. IMG_20190823_211408.jpg

I’ve thought of this very situation often. Fortunately I’ve a couple of close buds who’ve offered their brand new stuffers that’ve never been in the field. If I ever had the opportunity to secure a good tag I wouldn’t hesitate to accept.

I agree. Let your buddy help out. Pride shouldn't come between you and a generous offer by a friend.

Here is my update. I couldn't bring myself to use my buddies Omega without putting in the effort of at least taking the advice of a few here. I changed to a 209 primer conversion and changed out the sight to a fiber-optic ramp sight. I have grown to really like my Knight. Lightweight and simple.
I've put many rounds down range with various bore sized conicals and loads that I read about and were suggested. My brand new shoulder didn't like the 440gr Hydra-con with 120gn of Triple 7 at all.
I've settled on the following load.
Hornady Great Plains 385gn conical, 110gr Triple 7 with Win Triple 7 primers.
This is 100 yards yesterday (felt myself come off the gun on the high shot)
Will shoot more and test the range but feel 100 yards will be a comfortable max range. View attachment 112984
My son killed his 1st elk last year using a .50-cal american knight i bought new around 94, using #11 primer, 90 gr black powder & 350 grain federal b.o.r. lock. That gun has always been reliable & accurate. I know there's a lot of good muzzy's out there now, but knight has always been good for me. I like lightweight & simple too.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back