MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Boot insoles

midwesthunter

Looking for suggestions for my 14 Year old son, he has horribly flat feet. Looking for opinions for those who have used them with built in arch support.

I have flat feet and tend to overpronate. Recently started using Lathrop & Sons inserts in my Schnee’s and they have been great for me.

I have tried numerous, some very $$$. The best I have found (for me anyway) is the Dr. Scholls Custom insoles. If you live close to a Wal-Mart (I think Walgreen's might have it too), Dr. Scholls has a upright machine with handbars that you stand on, and it maps your foot for the correct insole. Then just select the insole from the display, mine was CF 440. Costs about $45, but there is usually a stack of $5 off coupons hanging on the machine. I suffered from heel spurs and low arches. These inserts allowed me to walk without pain again, and I recommend them to anyone who asks.

Take a look at kenetrek books.

Still gonna need some insoles unless he goes with the Kenetrek Everstep Orthotic boots for $600 If the lad is still growing, he might need several pair as his foot gets bigger. The insoles I recommend can go from shoe to shoe, and you can get by with just one pair for all your shoes and boots until you decide if they are working or not. They come with a money back guarantee if they don't work.

Kenetrek cushion insole is made for flatter feet, I replaced the Kenetrek stock insole with these and worked well for me.

Flat feet don’t necessarily need extra arch support, they just need the correct arch support. Too high of an arch is going to hurt just as too little will. I’d recommend calling Lathrop & Sons if it’s really problematic.

These are designed for flat feet.

I wear the green model and have been happy with them. Just have to find the correct arch profile.

Take a look at kenetrek books.
If they fit your foot... I’ve worn out two pairs of Kenetreks and I liked them okay, but for my feet Schnee’s Beartooths and Timberlines work better. I tried on Lowa, Hoffman, Crispi, Scarpa, and Zamberlan as well before I found what really works for me. Everyone’s feet are different and you might have to try a bunch of different boots to find the right one.

If they fit your foot... I’ve worn out two pairs of Kenetreks and I liked them okay, but for my feet Schnee’s Beartooths and Timberlines work better. I tried on Lowa, Hoffman, Crispi, Scarpa, and Zamberlan as well before I found what really works for me. Everyone’s feet are different and you might have to try a bunch of different boots to find the right one.
I’d walk barefoot before I’d try forcing my feet into Kenetreks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back