Booked for 2008

Steiny

My buddy and I got drunk the other night and booked an Alaska hunt for 2008. He is wanting a moose real bad, so that's his primary intention. I'm going to get tags for everything and just see what happens.

Hey ..... It seemed like the smart thing to do at the time.

Hell, I make brilliant decisions all the time after I have been drinking, but usually when I sober up I realize I either can't afford it or can't get out from underneath it.hump :D

Seriously, congrats on setting up the hunt.

When you say tags for 'everything' what sorts are in the areas you'll be in. Obviously moose, but will there be chances for blackies? Caribou?

I definitely need to get back up to AK!!

Miller- Which is worse not be able to afford it, or not being able to get out from under the previous night's date?? :D

Miller- Which is worse not be able to afford it, or not being able to get out from under the previous night's date??

That is how the big ones make you pay, hold you down til you can't take it.

I'll go for moose as the primary species, with tags for grizz, bou, black bear, wolverine and wolf which can be taken on a trophy fee basis, very reasonably.
Pretty decent odds of picking up a second critter.

Steiny,
I'm not sure how your outfitter does the trophy fee thing, but non-res tags are transferable to less expensive animals. For example a $400 moose tag can be used on a bou, black bear, wolverine or wolf; but not a griz. A $500 griz tag could be used on any of them though.
So if you have to buy tags before you head to the bush you could buy a griz tag and hunt everything. Of course a tag can only be used once though so you can't shoot a black bear at $225 and wolf at $30 on the same tag. On another note you can't double them up either, like put a $225 black bear and a $325 bou tag on a griz. I'd hedge and buy a moose and griz tag, could be an expensive wolf though. :)

Who are you hunting with steiny?

Off topic, Brian, I enjoyed your pics from your trip.

I'll go for moose as the primary species, with tags for grizz, bou, black bear, wolverine and wolf which can be taken on a trophy fee basis, very reasonably.
Pretty decent odds of picking up a second critter.

It's expensive, but you get what you pay for,

HAHA.... you crack me up :D :D Good luck on the hunt though, I want pictures ol' man :D :D

Moosie - The bargain "reasonable" part of the deal is if a guy gets an opportunity to whack a grizz while on this hunt. You would have a $500 license and a $3500 trophy fee. Cheapest grizzly a guy will ever kill, unless you are a resident or have some sort of "in" where you can hunt them unguided.

That is true. I've never heard of a Grizz hunt as cheap as that. It's usually over Double. You better pull some of your Coins out of the 5% interest you're making on them from the bank CD and buy a Dang nice camera to take pictures for us to enjoy. I'm looking foward in hearing the story and seeing all the pictures. Sounds like you know what to expect and made a GREAT decision to go next year !!!!!!!

Dang Moosie .... you aint learning nuthin from me.
Those coins in the CD's stay in the CDs' for a rainy day. Hunting money comes from the huntin, fishin, secret gun buyin and drinkin fund.

You're not the only one with a huntin' fund..... Mine jsut needs to grow a litle to add a grizz to it ;)

Hunting money comes from the huntin, fishin, secret gun buyin and drinkin fund. (quote steiny)

"But honey, I won the rifle, hunting and fishing trip in a raffle while drinking at ducks unlimited.":D

Back