Bonus Montana Mule Deer

wswat

With out really haveing any clue where to hunt in Eastern Montana We went out on a limb and picked a area and hunted it hard. We never seen any real giants but I was happy with the results of this deer. Was hopeing to find a 170" plus deer but still feel lucky to get this nice 162" buck. Will be back again next year hope to find another.montana mule.png

montana mule1.png

montana mule2.png

For some reason having problems making pictures bigger:(

Attachments

• mule.png
    mule.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 954
Congrats. For being "out on a limb," it looks like you picked a good spot and found a way to make it work.

The 1st 3 days we hunted it poured down the rain and made for a really tough hunt. Don't think my boots could of got any heavier from all the mud. When we went back they then had about a foot of snow. Glad we made the trip as we saw a few other young deer that we hope make it through as they will be good ones next year.

Last edited:
You did good for Eastern MT. Congrats

Most people think there are giants around every corner.

Thank you. I know that big bucks are not around every corner but I am a firm believer that if you put enough time and miles on that you will cross a great buck know and then.

He looks a good buck with plenty of age, and score aside, it sounds like you had a great time learning a new area and sorting through a few animals. Well done.

chief

With out really haveing any clue where to hunt in Eastern Montana We went out on a limb and picked a area and hunted it hard. We never seen any real giants but I was happy with the results of this deer. Was hopeing to find a 170" plus deer but still feel lucky to get this nice 162" buck. Will be back again next year hope to find another.View attachment 33205

View attachment 33206

View attachment 33207
Nice buck care stay say where abouts you were we were out there in last week of October Hunted our buts offf numbers were down we all got bucks nothing to brag about. We were told came to early 2nd week november alot better. We hunted between terry and miles city. I believe they are they (bucks) Going back next year.

Back