Yeti GOBOX Collection

Bonander Illegal public land disturbance

• Thread starter Deleted member 18333
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18333

Looks like after getting his land exchange blocked by the hard work of Buzz, JM77 and others he tried a new way to get to his land.

He told the investigating officer that it was hard to get any permit action from the Feds so it was just easier to do it then pay the fine. I applied for a BLM ROW 60 days ago and received final approval yesterday. Total cost of $530. I see what he means its was brutal to have to wait all of 60 days to do what I wanted to.

Would be great if WyBHA could do something to thank the individual that reported the disturbance to the FS.

A couple things not mentioned in the article is that he punched roads and leveled areas near elk wallows to put up hunting blinds. He also punched roads across state owned land that the osli office is letting slide apparently...I plan to follow up on that to see why that is. The average hunter in Wyoming will scratched a ticket for driving off road on state lands, but rick Bonander can punch illegal roads with a dozer and that’s fine by the osli office?

I agree that bha needs to give out a reward to those that reported this. Almost all the initial information was relayed to me from 2 individuals. Jeff and I spent quite a bit of time with the usfs law enforcement relaying information and pictures. I also provided testimony to the investigating officers, who did a good job on this.

Also, as if there was any doubt about rick Bonander’s lack of character, ethics, and value he places on our public lands this should remove all doubt.

Just sent an inquiry to the OSLI as to why he was not cited or fined. Perhaps many of you can do the same. Contact info on their webpage.https://lands.wyo.gov/

Thanks for this thread. Message sent to OSLI website, Director's office: RE Rick Bonander. He admitted to and was convicted of bulldozing roads on public lands including OSLI. When will you charge him, and what will the charges be?

Last edited:
"Bonander said Monday that he was improving some old trails, and did cross the boundaries of the confusing checkerboard of public lands and his property."

Confusing? I'm sure he knows exactly where the boundaries are.

"Bonander said Monday that he was improving some old trails, and did cross the boundaries of the confusing checkerboard of public lands and his property."

Confusing? I'm sure he knows exactly where the boundaries are.

He sure wasn’t confused when he made his presentation to the land board when he was begging for the land swap. Had his map up explaining right where the boundaries were. Lying p.o.s. is all he is.

Thanks for your dilligence Buzz. I'll also be sure to contact OSLI and the Governor's office in regards to his activities on state owned lands and the lack of action from OSLI thus far.

Thanks for this thread. Message sent to OSLI website, Director's office: RE Rick Bonander. He admitted to and was convicted of bulldozing roads on public lands including OSLI. When will you charge him, and what will the charges be?
Their email reply:
ole Lambert <[email protected]>
11:24 AM (45 minutes ago)

to me

Thank you for your recent inquiry about about the situation that occurred in 2018 regarding this situation. Our office was contacted in July 2018 informing us of the situation. After my inspection of the lease I determined that the work completed on State Land was consistent with improving and maintaining existing roads and would therefor be considered an improvement to the grazing lease. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks
Cole Lambert

Field Services Division
Field Supervisor
Wyoming Office of State Lands and Investments
Hershler Building, 1 East
122 W 25th Street
Cheyenne, WY. 82002

(307) 620-5094

My reply to Mr. Lambert:
Thank you for your response. I have 0 idea what criteria you used to reach that determination, but the courts and public land owners clearly do not agree.

That’s funny...we heard that too when it was reported. There were new roads punched across state lands that did not exist. Plus, we were told by mr. lambert the state was going to “wait and see what the blm and forest service do.”

It’s ridiculous and inappropriate to call building new roads across state lands as an “improvement”.

If you or I were to drive 200 feet across an area on state land to pick up a pronghorn we shot...instant ticket. Hell, if we set up a cot and roll out a sleeping bag and spend the night we get a ticket.

Sounds to me like nobody at the osli office is interested in dealing with this flagrant disregard for state lands, wildlife habitat, etc.

Bringing this one back to the top as the saga continues.

It would appear some people are slow learners. Anyone using this area, if you observe anyone on an ATV/UTV in this area, have your phone handy and contact the local FS/BLM LEO's.

Their email reply:
ole Lambert <[email protected]>
11:24 AM (45 minutes ago)
to me

Thank you for your recent inquiry about about the situation that occurred in 2018 regarding this situation. Our office was contacted in July 2018 informing us of the situation. After my inspection of the lease I determined that the work completed on State Land was consistent with improving and maintaining existing roads and would therefor be considered an improvement to the grazing lease. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks
Cole Lambert

Field Services Division
Field Supervisor
Wyoming Office of State Lands and Investments
Hershler Building, 1 East
122 W 25th Street
Cheyenne, WY. 82002

(307) 620-5094

My reply to Mr. Lambert:
Thank you for your response. I have 0 idea what criteria you used to reach that determination, but the courts and public land owners clearly do not agree.
Wow...its always most disheartening when public servants so clearly fail the public and the resources they are charged with managing on our behalf. What a tool.

Back