Bobcats v. Bison

Who will win this years FCS title game?

• 16 time National Champion NDSU Bison

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Montana State Bobcats

Votes: 45 58.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just got back to Glasgow on Monday afternoon. I flew out of Williston on Thursday, to Minn/St. Paul on to Atlanta, finally arrived at love field at 11:00 pm. Checked into our hotel, loaded with NDSU fans, Welcome signs for the Bison every where, (thought maybe I was in the NDSU team hotel) but they invited me down to have a beer with them and I didn't get to bed until 4 am Friday. Friday Legacy West was full of people, sat down with a bunch of buddies at 1 pm to have "just one" and finally left at 6 pm to go out to Plano for the big reception. Got back to the room and ready for the Big game. The tail gates was huge, crowd was into it pre game, I was in a box with 4 Bobcats and 10 Bison, lots of anticipation, and then the game started and all that prep was for not.

Take aways,
1. Getting anywhere from Glasgow is a PITA
2. The Bison fans that I met were top notch fans, except two drunken fans but hey they had a right to brag
3. The Bison dominated the Line of scrimmage and it wasn't close
4. Sucked for Mellot to be hurt so soon but last I checked he didn't play defense and we gave up 380 of rushing
5. Frisco/Plano is a very nice area, everything is new and shiny.
6. By Sunday my check liver light came on and I had to throw in the towel and stick with water.
7. Would go again if they Cats ever get back in my lifetime.

Way late to the party on this thread.

Just popped up as I was looking through national signing day commitments. NDSU just signed a commit from Tampa, FL who supposedly also had offers from Miami and Florida. WTF. They sure seem to get a lot of recruits from that area.

I'm an NDSU alumn. Little Bro was a grad school assistant a NDSU when Bohl left and took the WY job and Bohl made him a FT offer to come with and stay on the staff. He's still in Laramie. Been fun watching it all unfold with Vigen now at MSU. Hell of a season for the Cats, I always root for them 2nd in the FCS.

They're probably going to play for something lame like a Dots Pretzels and Fargo Brewing Stonesthrow gift basket but I think they should put up some real stakes between the states. If MSU wins, they get Divide County. If NDSU wins, we get Sheridan County.
A year late rejoinder . . .

Loser has to take South Dakota ;)

Back