Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Blue Lives Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
People see what they want to see. 100K people can peacefully protest for a righteous cause, and some (like Fox "news") will focus on the 100 who act like fools because it suits their narrative.

Umm, if I remember right, all the protest, social media black outs, calls for defunding, etc. happened because of the 100,000+ law enforcement officers in the country a few made the choice to commit crimes. What were you saying about suiting a narrative?

I just can not follow your thought process. First you say it is not BLM rioting and looting, I post a quote form one of their leaders. Now you say well because a CEO may have ripped off the company then why shouldn't anyone be able too.

Nike using slave labor in China to make there goods so using your logic, everyone should be able too.

The answer to both should be NO
Didn't actually say either of those things. Feel free to quote me though.

Umm, if I remember right, all the protest, social media black outs, calls for defunding, etc. happened because of the 100,000+ law enforcement officers in the country a few made the choice to commit crimes. What were you saying about suiting a narrative?
That's fair. Good comparison.

I retired in 2017 with 33 years with the Sheriff's Office where I live. I am so thankful to be out of this and I sure feel for the folks who are still working. Thank you to them for your service and to the other folks on this site who are retired.
Thank you and thank you for your service, I concur. Beyond that...🤐

Let's be honest, these topics really don't belong on a hunting forum in the first place. They have a tendency to divide us hunters when forums like this should be bringing us together for common interests.
First logical post you've made as far as I can tell!

Let's be honest, these topics really don't belong on a hunting forum in the first place. They have a tendency to divide us hunters when forums like this should be bringing us together for common interests.
I don’t think there’s a problem with these topics, they’re just likely to end up a mess.

I really don't think it's the topic that's the issue...

This particular topic effects everyone in the United States now and for generations to come. 1) It's a humanity situation that can not be ignored. We should be, and are a compassionate country that defends the weak. 2) This behavior sets a president precedent that we as Americans don't need spreading throughout our country. 3) while we are paying attention to the situation, other issues (conservation, hunting lands, etc...) are getting ignored. 4) This is happening to our friends and hunt talk members that live these areas. 5) We are one nation...

What happens in our country, regardless if it is in our backyard or not is an important topic. Whether directly or indirectly, it effects sportsman when liberties are taken away from our citizens. When freedom is lost there, it could lead to a loss of freedom everywhere as well. The loss of freedom should never be taken lightly. This is a topic that I think is suited for the Fireside (A place for friends) discussion.

I may have went on a bit of a rant, but that's how I feel...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back