• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

"BLONDIEEEE!!!"

MtnHtr

Was out scouting a few years ago a week before the season. It was pretty dry but the acorns were dropping and lotsa bear sign. I blew a few long toots on my varmint call, paused to catch my breath when I heard something coming in behind me real fast. I turn around expecting a grey fox or something and there stands the prettiest blond bear staring at me! I slowly pulled my camera off my hip and snapped a pic, the bear then blew out of there back across a road. I went back there during the season several times but never saw the bear again(sigh). I did see his sign though but we never met. MtnHtr
:eek: :eek: :eek:

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-14-2002 23:59: Message edited by: MtnHtr ]</font>

MtnHtr

I37,
He was a prime fall bear in the 275- 300lb class, nice blocky head(boar?) and a beautiful coat. Had to be one of the best looking bears I've seen in these parts, not a huge bear but still a good one. He was furred out early which kinda suprised me, ya just never know. MtnHtr

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-15-2002 10:12: Message edited by: MtnHtr ]</font>

trophy_killer

Mtn, do you ever hunt D5 or do you just stick with D7?? We saw a bear like that right outside of Angels Camp like 3 years ago. Someone had hit it and they didn't know what to do so they called F&G, it was a very nice looking blond bear.

MtnHtr

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trophy_killer:
Mtn, do you ever hunt D5 or do you just stick with D7?? We saw a bear like that right outside of Angels Camp like 3 years ago. Someone had hit it and they didn't know what to do so they called F&G, it was a very nice looking blond bear.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TK,
I've been known to hunt D5. MtnHtr