PEAX Equipment

"BLONDIEEEE!!!"

MtnHtr

Was out scouting a few years ago a week before the season. It was pretty dry but the acorns were dropping and lotsa bear sign. I blew a few long toots on my varmint call, paused to catch my breath when I heard something coming in behind me real fast. I turn around expecting a grey fox or something and there stands the prettiest blond bear staring at me! I slowly pulled my camera off my hip and snapped a pic, the bear then blew out of there back across a road. I went back there during the season several times but never saw the bear again(sigh). I did see his sign though but we never met. MtnHtr
blondbear.jpg
:eek: :eek: :eek:

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-14-2002 23:59: Message edited by: MtnHtr ]</font>

I37,
He was a prime fall bear in the 275- 300lb class, nice blocky head(boar?) and a beautiful coat. Had to be one of the best looking bears I've seen in these parts, not a huge bear but still a good one. He was furred out early which kinda suprised me, ya just never know. MtnHtr

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 09-15-2002 10:12: Message edited by: MtnHtr ]</font>

Mtn, do you ever hunt D5 or do you just stick with D7?? We saw a bear like that right outside of Angels Camp like 3 years ago. Someone had hit it and they didn't know what to do so they called F&G, it was a very nice looking blond bear.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trophy_killer:
Mtn, do you ever hunt D5 or do you just stick with D7?? We saw a bear like that right outside of Angels Camp like 3 years ago. Someone had hit it and they didn't know what to do so they called F&G, it was a very nice looking blond bear.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TK,
I've been known to hunt D5. MtnHtr

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back