MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

BLM, Forest Service and Nevada Ranchers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to put this into perspective I'm getting $32/AUM this year. Every outfit or individual with anti-govt sentiment is jumping on this guys bandwagon without a clue as to what led to this.

Just to put this into perspective I'm getting $32/AUM this year. Every outfit or individual with anti-govt sentiment is jumping on this guys bandwagon without a clue as to what led to this.

Just 23X more....opps, I guess that would be accurate if he was paying.:eek:

I just watched a clip of glen beck using the term "Welfare Rancher!" to describe bundy on the daily show...the world has been sucked into some sort of black hole!

We should always look to our Founding Fathers in times like this:

“Overgrazing is much too weak a term. Most of the public lands in the West, and especially in the Southwest, are what you might call “cowburnt.” Almost anywhere and everywhere you go in the American West you find hordes of these ugly, clumsy, stupid, bawling, stinking, fly-covered, shit-smeared, disease-spreading brutes. They are a pest and a plague. They pollute our springs and streams and rivers. They infest our canyons, valleys, meadows, and forests. They graze off the native bluestem and grama and bunch grasses, leaving behind jungles of prickly pear. They trample down the native forbs and shrubs and cacti. They spread the exotic cheatgrass, the Russian thistle, and the crested wheat grass. Weeds.

“I… suggest that we open a hunting season on range cattle. I realize that beef cattle will not make sporting prey at first. Like all domesticated animals (including most humans), beef cattle are slow, stupid, and awkward. But the breed will improve if hunted regularly. And as the number of cattle is reduced, other and far more useful, beautiful, and interesting animals will return to the range lands and will increase.” ----EDward Abbey

Speaking of buffalo...I really want to draw a bison tag in Wyoming this year.

A sheep tag in NV, AZ, MT, WY, CO, TX or NM would be nice as well.

Makes more sense to have wild buffalo on public lands than private cattle on public lands.
But the steaks off one taste better then the other.
Besides, If you want to start charging welfare ranchers more then why not start charging us welfare hunters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HappyClar
Back