Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

...Blizzard Warning This Afternoon And Tonight...

Elkhunter

The new year is coming in with MIGHT!!!!

I just got caught up with from Monday's storm dumping between 8" and 2' of snow and it looks like I am going to be a little busy again tomorrow.

Statement as of 1:58 PM MST on January 1, 2004

...Blizzard Warning This Afternoon And Tonight...
The National Weather Service in Riverton has upgraded the Winter Storm Warning to a Blizzard Warning for this afternoon through tonight.

Snow... heavy at times will continue through tonight along with increasing southwest winds. A storm total snowfall of 8 to 16 inches is expected by Friday morning. Snowfall so far varied from an inch at Jackson and Kelly to 4 inches at Hoback Junction. Southwest winds will increase to 30 to 40 mph by 3 PM and continue through tonight. Wind gusts up to 50 mph will produce near zero visibility at times with considerable blowing and drifting snow. Travel may become very difficult at times.

Here are some pics I just took of our house and some of the condos here.

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

DSC01055.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

DSC01057.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

Elky,

What do you use to dig the sidewalks out, 36" deep? I assume a snowblower, but is it mounted on something???

FWIW, right now, we are having about 35mph winds from the West, and last night we got 4" of snow in the Valley.... and it is all headed your direction....
biggrin.gif

Sorry to tell you this, but it was 77 today and forecasts for clear skies, Gulf breezes, and tons o'sun for the next week
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

Is Tampa GREAT, or did I die and go to paradise?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-01-2004 17:33: Message edited by: Gunner46 ]</font>

We got 2" since I put this up.

77 and sunny? I envy you #46.
wink.gif

Gunner, I use a shovel and do it frequently so it doesn't build up. When I do you the blower it is a Honday 8528, 8.5 hp and 28" wide. I have actually gone though drifts that have been 4 plus feet. Tunnel in and back it out and knock it down, do again.
smile.gif

Looks like you will be a little busy Elky.
biggrin.gif
We are supposed to get a few more inches tonight and I can deal with that. The part of the forcast that pisses me off is a high of -14F for monday and a low of -22.
eek.gif

Hell, today it didn't get below zero and I stuck my foot out the door once to take the garbage out. I don't think I will retire here after all.
biggrin.gif

LOL mtmiller......After the snows we are suppose to get some of that cold weather for a couple of days and then more snow. I guess I can call it job security.
wink.gif

Well there was an avalanche just south of town, across 4 lanes, one car caught in it. Teton pass just closed. The wind is howling and you can't see chit.

DSC01061.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

DSC01063.jpg

We got 3 inches of snow today. Not much really but we are supposed to get some more tomorrorw night, not too much more but a few more inches.
Great pictures Bill.
biggrin.gif

Quick Draw

We're supposed to get some more of that white stuff also. On Dec 27th the mtns some areas up high on the Wasatch Front were getting 1 foot/hour! My shovel has been getting quite a workout this year.

Elkhunter: It looks as if we're having a "good ol' fashioned" winter in Wyoming this year! It's about time! We even have snow on the ground in the Big Horn Basin and the temp tonight is -25 and it's only 10:30 PM. The high today was -5 and it's supposed to stay this warm for a few more days! Snow, snow, snow don't you just love it?? - WY Huntress

Snowing here in western Washington, all day today, then around 5-6 p.m. it's supposed to turn to rain, so we will be in for some flooding in the next few days. What I'm wondering, is all this snow going to be bad for deer and/or elk, or is it still too early in the winter to tell? Elkhunter you say a good old fashioned winter is exactly what we need, why is that? Will the extra snowpack in the mountains help with the drought situation?

Washington Hunter: I know you asked Elkhunter this question but thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth! Certainly the snow pack in the mountains will help some by fillings streams, lakes and resevoirs but we're also getting some snow down on the flat lands. For instance, we got as much snow on Dec. 26 as we got all of last winter. We had already gotten a little more in the fall than in the last several years. If this would keep up, it certainly will help our ground moisture content. Once it quits snowing, then we'll start praying for rain.
smile.gif

There ys go WH. Our lakes, streams, ponds, creeks have been a little on the light side the past few years. The snowpack does fill them up. One thing we need once sring gets here is a little warming and not a fast heat. Then the moisture gets a chance to soak in instead of just running off so much.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back