Black Bear v. Grizzly (Brown) Quiz

I'd say one of those were halfway tough. Most were a no brainer if you know what you're looking at. I'd also say that Aussie guy was nothing more than a "Get me some likes"

1647454712139.png

All of the tough color phase black bears were pulled from Instagram, where A someone had killed that bear, B. there were multiple angles, or C. it's from somewhere with absolutely no grizz like Arkansas
I hear Arkansas is lying about the high numbers of grizzlies they have migrating from Colorado. The government doesn’t want you to know.

I got 16 out of 20. Not too bad considering I have never seen a wild grizzly. Someone once told me that you could tell the difference between black and grizzly bears because the grizzly was larger, had a hump on its shoulder and had longer claws. He then said you should put little jingle bells on your cloths when in bear country, so the bears will hear you and know you are coming which will keep you from surprising them. He said it was also a good idea to know what kind of bears were in the area. The best way to do that was to learn the difference in the scat. He said black bear scat had bits of berries or bugs or whatever else the bear was eating, in it. Grizzly scat looks pretty much the same with the exception of, it also has little jingle bells in it. :oops:

If you didn't get them all correct its because you have to watch your fingers when you type.

@MTGomer - If I recall, you had a photo from a few years back of a bear that was in a HT thread that people were just about evenly split on. Was that you? Or is my brain tumor giving me fits.

Having the same issues as others but I cruised thru the pics great questions!!

Someone should do one for nanny v billy mtn goat

And another for is it full curl with sheep!

Back