Birthday present

2ski

So I turn the big you know what this month and I've been asked for birthday present ideas. I know I could just say some things that I want, but since this is a big one, I kind of feel like it should be a memorable thing. One suggestion that's been floated around has been a guided fly-fishing float. But pretty much I'm at a loss. Maybe its a mental block because I'm not too thrilled with this birthday. 30 was kind of a tough pill to swallow so this one......

Anyone have any ideas?

There's places in Nevada where i'm sure that you could set up a very "memorable thing". lol

How about doing something with a older Family member? My Grandfathers, Dad too, took me a lot when i was young. They're all gone now, I'd give near anything to do just one more trip.

I turn 35 this month...

1. Float the Smith River.

2. Pack into the Bob.

3. Chase Vancouver Bulls in Hawaii.

4. Catch salmon in Alaska.

5. Shoot an alligator with a bow in Florida.

6. Bowfish Makos out of San Diego.

7. Buy an exotic hunt out of Texas.

8. Reel in a sturgeon from the Columbia.

9. Bring up halibut from Puget Sound.

10. Spend a week in Yellowstone Park.

11. Buy everyone on HT a beer.

San Juan river in NM is tough to beat. Salmon in Alaska is tough to beat.(Ketchikan is not far away or expensive). Halibut in Alaska is tough to beat. Tarpon in Boca Grande pass is tough to beat. I’d give them all to sit on top of a ridge with my old man again though.

I myself spend every birthday with my immediate family. We either choose to go out to a fancy dinner or pick a meal and my wife cooks. Nothing in my mind is better than having my wife and kids only with me on my special day.

I'll second the moose hunt should be in the top 12! I've hunted them two times!

I got a very large hangover from my 40th last month! That and permission to add a ladder rack to my truck for the canoe and kayaks. Still gotta order that thing.

Wish i would have consulted 406life first. That's a pretty dang good list.

For a family trip I've always wanted to take everyone to a fly in Canadian fish camp for diy walleye and northern.

Alaskan salmon is always awesome too, the last time I fished the rivers up there my fingers were bleeding from casting so much, it was awesome.

I've found a 100 mile gravel/single track bike race in the Red River Gorge area of KY the day after my birthday. That with some beer, a few hours to catch some smallies and blue gills while I recoupe, and I should be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back