There are 4 shanks on an antelope. mtmuleyWhat do you do with the shank? Not a lot of meat there - serving for one at most on a pronghorn.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
There are 4 shanks on an antelope. mtmuleyWhat do you do with the shank? Not a lot of meat there - serving for one at most on a pronghorn.
Its actually pretty easy to disconnect that shoulder blade roast with a sharp knife. Once you get the hang of it. I agree packages much easier.Separate shoulder and shank. Heck, run a meat saw across the shoulder and cut in two. Packages much nicer for the freezer that way.
I’ve never seen a need.Do not saw game animals. Ever. mtmuley
I would generally agree, but there was a Texan on here last year that cut some bone in deer steaks that looked incredible. Something novel to try.Do not saw game animals. Ever. mtmuley
I think I did it once, I don’t saw anything besides the excess bone off the shank. Whole shoulders for deer and pronghorn. Flatirons and roast off an elk. I like this way a lot.Do not saw game animals. Ever. mtmuley